Enlightenment 0.21 Released With Its Much Better Wayland Support

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Passso View Post

Wrong statement: I prefer Cinnamon (a lot) compared to Gnome shell.
    (and no I am not on drugs)
    Yeah i should have made it clearer. Moskha is developed by people (how many?) on their spare time and E has a dedicated coder + all the efl devs using it.

Comment

Unfortunate how many people are so easy to complain about the work of others. Especially when the complaints are simply not true or misinterpreted. 'You ignore my Github', while they don't use it. Honestly!

Comment

Originally posted by Passso View Post

Wrong statement: I prefer Cinnamon (a lot) compared to Gnome shell.
        (and no I am not on drugs)
        cinnamon is not tracking Gnome progress as it was implied with original statement. cinnamon just took version of Gnome and modified it. that version is being kept on freeze.

if you fork and track upstream, that is whole different story.

Comment

The only thing I really miss on enlightenment is some debian developers that package it.
          It takes a lot of work to dive into. Although some things are easier now that there are not a lot of seperate lib releases anymore.
          But it still my preferred environment, since it's faster than anything else on an armhf that does give me the things I need. And no, wobbly windows is not one of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Ardje View Post
            The only thing I really miss on enlightenment is some debian developers that package it.
            It takes a lot of work to dive into. Although some things are easier now that there are not a lot of seperate lib releases anymore.
            But it still my preferred environment, since it's faster than anything else on an armhf that does give me the things I need. And no, wobbly windows is not one of them.
            Yeah, widespread support is the main issue. But I am using Xfce on debian now, and that has alot of small quirks too - debian is configured for Gnome out of the box.
            Some are really weird like the background sometimes flashing between Gnome and XFCE Wallpaper, most are configuration issues that are still hard to figure out.

I don`t know whats worse, lacking support or bad pre-installation and -configuration, the latter means you have a somewhat working system but have to undo stuff (and potentially break dependencies) before even being able to fix something.

Comment

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
              Sorry for the intrusion here, but can you tell me a good place to find Enlightnement themes what give it a modern desktop look and not a Android 2.3.6 look which seems the standard?
              I mean like those in Bodhi linux (scroll also down to see other three) http://www.bodhilinux.com/
              Do you want more themes that look like those in bodhi, or more that look different? There are a lot at e17-look.org which look more congruent (just make sure you get one compatible with the version of enlightenment you have), though (imo) most have a dated look. If you sort by "Greatest" you'll get more E17 themes, or more E20/21 if sorted by "Latest". I've tried using the search box, but it doesn't seem to work well for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Nobu View Post
                Do you want more themes that look like those in bodhi, or more that look different?
                Like those in Bodhi. They look more like polished classical desktops and less like dated/embedded-device-UI.

There are a lot at e17-look.org which look more congruent (just make sure you get one compatible with the version of enlightenment you have), though (imo) most have a dated look.
                Yeah, that was my problem. It's not like I cannot use Google, it's that good-modern-looking themes are pretty much only in bodhi linux (and I assume they aren't compatible with the latest enlightenment).

If you sort by "Greatest" you'll get more E17 themes, or more E20/21 if sorted by "Latest". I've tried using the search box, but it doesn't seem to work well for me.
                I get only a couple for e20 (that look like shit), some for e19 that should also run on e20 and most are for e17.

Do you really want to tell me you use a DE that looks like this (default E20)? http://ubuntuportal.com/2015/02/how-...-04-14-10.html

That's the same stuff I see in smart TV and DVD player menus, with some more polish maybe, but...

Comment

Like those in Bodhi. They look more like polished classical desktops and less like dated/embedded-device-UI.

Yeah, that was my problem. It's not like I cannot use Google, it's that good-modern-looking themes are pretty much only in bodhi linux (and I assume they aren't compatible with the latest enlightenment).

I get only a couple for e20 (that look like shit), some for e19 that should also run on e20 and most are for e17.

Do you really want to tell me you use a DE that looks like this (default E20)? http://ubuntuportal.com/2015/02/how-...-04-14-10.html

That's the same stuff I see in smart TV and DVD player menus, with some more polish maybe, but...
                  Nah, I use KDE mostly. Back in the day (think Mandrake 9) I used Enlightenment--really liked it's features and themes compared to the bland default Gnome theme (though the drawers were fun to play with). I think anyone who is making themes for Enlightenment now stick mostly with E17 since it's stable. Dunno if the theme engine has stabilized since releases have become more regular...

Edit: There are some E themes on DeviantArt too, if you're interested--almost forgot about there. Oh, and there's a radiance theme, which you can change the colors of, too.
                  Last edited by Nobu; 07-01-2016, 06:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nobu View Post
                    Dunno if the theme engine has stabilized since releases have become more regular...
                    This, can raster or some other dev or close related person answer on this?

Edit: There are some E themes on DeviantArt too, if you're interested--almost forgot about there. Oh, and there's a radiance theme, which you can change the colors of, too.
                    Holy Hot Damn Batman. Thanks.
                    That's where they were hiding. I should have known too, as I use a rEFInd theme from there.
                    Last edited by starshipeleven; 07-02-2016, 06:30 AM.

Comment

This, can raster or some other dev or close related person answer on this?
                      they are stable. they broke while moving to wayland because we had to enable events on theme objects that had them disabled before for example. we have of course expanded elements and so new elements will no get themes from older themes. they'll inherit the default theme look until themes adapt, but that's unavoidable. the theme didnt break. it just doesnt cover 100% of everything the apps or api offers.

Comment

Working...
                      X