Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chrome 53 Should Be Blazing Fast

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Chrome 53 Should Be Blazing Fast

    Phoronix: Chrome 53 Should Be Blazing Fast

    Chrome 52 Beta may have just been released, but I'm already looking forward to Chrome 53 for very significant performance improvements!..

    http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...d-Improvements

  • #2
    The Google logo should render now 47% faster. I stopped caring about "fast browsers" years ago, because they brag about performance improvements literally every release, yet pretty much never do I see any actual difference.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by cl333r View Post
      The Google logo should render now 47% faster. I stopped caring about "fast browsers" years ago, because they brag about performance improvements literally every release, yet pretty much never do I see any actual difference.

      I encourage you to take a look at a "not fast" browser. You'll know the difference if you look back a couple years.

      Comment


      • #4
        I wonder if this work was influenced by them seeing the results of Servo's experimental WebRender.

        Comment


        • #5
          If it doesn't support wayland and va-api, it still isn't "blazing fast".

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by phoronix View Post
            Phoronix: Chrome 53 Should Be Blazing Fast

            Chrome 52 Beta may have just been released, but I'm already looking forward to Chrome 53 for very significant performance improvements!..

            http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...d-Improvements
            So mainly fast if using a Mac?

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Wilfred View Post
              If it doesn't support wayland and va-api, it still isn't "blazing fast".
              Ha ha.
              If it doesn't support Vulkan GPU rendering and multiprocess it can not be "blazing fast".

              Comment


              • #8
                the problem is that web sites are bloating faster than the browsers are improving. search boxes for sites like walmart, amazon, ebay all lag and drop characters on me. too much poor javascript...

                Comment


                • #9
                  And they don't even use rust. So it cannot be that fast.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I'm also very excited. Since we've had "much faster" browsers which each version iteration, we are now close to creating a spacetime singularity. Once we are there we will have webpages rendered within a finite amount of euclidean time - including a gazillion ads. Exciting times indeed.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X