Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chrome 52 Beta Brings CSS Containment, Push Improvements

Phoronix: Chrome 52 Beta Brings CSS Containment, Push Improvements

While Firefox beta users are busy trying out Electrolysis by default, Google engineers today released their 52 Beta for Chrome early testers...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I hope it will fix the top-chrome-md flag, so that I can disable Material design .

Comment

I would like to see better integration of Chrome on Linux. So the application feels and behaves more like other system applications.

Now it looks, feels and behaves different.

Comment

@uid313, you can always try this (platform integration is one of our priorities):
        Qt 5.4 introduced initial version of QtWebEngine, which allows to use Blink rendering engine in Qt applications without additional effort. While APIs are still very basic it is already possible to ...

It seems that QtWebEngine might soon get some support for extensions too:

Comment

I sorta like the newest UI of chrome on linux. its not too horribly different/less clunky.

Comment

Originally posted by atomsymbol
            From http://blog.chromium.org/2016/06/chr...-simpler.html: I didn't know that Chrome has such a poor change-rendering algorithm.
            It is a consequence of CSS. It is just a piss-poor standard for layout from a dynamic performance perspective.

Comment

Originally posted by balouba View Post
              I sorta like the newest UI of chrome on linux. its not too horribly different/less clunky.
              (assuming it is the same for chromium) I don't mind it, but it reduces the height of my url bar too much, which therefore reduces the icons size of my extensions and so I am not able to read the numbers on some of them anymore.

Comment

Working...
              X