Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dweigert
    replied
    Unless someone decides to write a conversion utility (No, I'm not volunteering for that effort) to export the DB from that format, and moves it into a more desirable one.

Leave a comment:

• droidhacker
    replied
    Originally posted by RahulSundaram View Post
    Its a useful link (thank you).

Looks like its mainly tests, android, and hsqldb.
    tests and android are, of course, reasonable use of Java. Leaves hsqldb, which might leave a few people in a pinch if they have legacy base projects.

Leave a comment:

• RahulSundaram
    replied
    Originally posted by droidhacker View Post
    The only part of this that actually interests me, is the part about NO JRE.
    "The LibreOffice.flatpak does not include a Java Runtime Environment (JRE). That means that some LibreOffice functionality that requires a JRE will not work."

Cool, what is that functionality? And who is working on fixing it so that JRE can be deprecated altogether?
    Easy enough to find out with a quick search

Leave a comment:

• droidhacker
    replied
    The only part of this that actually interests me, is the part about NO JRE.
    "The LibreOffice.flatpak does not include a Java Runtime Environment (JRE). That means that some LibreOffice functionality that requires a JRE will not work."

Cool, what is that functionality? And who is working on fixing it so that JRE can be deprecated altogether?

Leave a comment:

• Passso
    replied
    That's fun
    Anyway I agree you cannot link the name to the product, it makes me think about Winzip or a package manager...

Leave a comment:

• Aeheoyuv
    replied
    Originally posted by Cerberus View Post
    They should have asked the community to suggest names,
    That's exactly what they did. See the thread starting with this message on the xdg-app mailing list.

Leave a comment:

• andjons
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Cerberus
    replied
    Originally posted by pal666 View Post
    feel free to volunteer
    They should have asked the community to suggest names, flatpak is truly awful, sounds like a new form of milk packaging. I would like to have a word with the person who invented flatpak name though, teach him a few things about marketing, branding, buzz words and user psychology, would even go open source on him and wouldnt charge him a single penny.

Leave a comment:

• SpyroRyder
    replied
    Originally posted by bitman View Post

So i have to build for my software package for your distro, for his distro, and his and his and his.. Or maybe i could have user install flatpak, build ONE flatpak package and distribute it to everyone. Sounds easy, give me more of that. This is actually a great idea.

There is one downside though - visually libreoffice falls out of general system look because it does not follow system theme. Be nice if looks integrated with system as well.

P.S. yes, it is important how software looks. If you think it is not - well good for you. But you are minority so..
    well part of this annoucement was that the flatpak edition came with the GTK3 module enabled and in use. That alone should go partially towards solving the theming issues as GTK3 theming is stricter at the application level than GTK2 was and usually doesn't need to be fucked with by your program, even if like Libreoffice you use a custom toolkit with hooks to get the colours right. Even then, the GTK3 port of VCL uses a fair amount of native GTK elements so theming should be just as good as any other GTK program.

Leave a comment:

• bitman
    replied
    Originally posted by cj.wijtmans View Post
    a package manager installed by package managers. Like node.js. Why not just build your application with all static libs.
    So i have to build for my software package for your distro, for his distro, and his and his and his.. Or maybe i could have user install flatpak, build ONE flatpak package and distribute it to everyone. Sounds easy, give me more of that. This is actually a great idea.

There is one downside though - visually libreoffice falls out of general system look because it does not follow system theme. Be nice if looks integrated with system as well.

P.S. yes, it is important how software looks. If you think it is not - well good for you. But you are minority so..

Leave a comment:

Working...
X