LibreOffice Is Now One Of The First Major Linux Desktop Apps With A Flatpak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LibreOffice Is Now One Of The First Major Linux Desktop Apps With A Flatpak

Phoronix: LibreOffice Is Now One Of The First Major Linux Desktop Apps With A Flatpak

LibreOffice developers have begun maintaining a Flatpak bundle of the open-source office suite. Flatpak is the GNOME-led sandboxing effort formerly known as XDG-App...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

a package manager installed by package managers. Like node.js. Why not just build your application with all static libs.

Comment

Originally posted by cj.wijtmans View Post
      a package manager installed by package managers. Like node.js. Why not just build your application with all static libs.
      How would that get you any of flatpak features like repositories, standardized metadata or sandboxing?

Comment

Originally posted by RahulSundaram View Post

How would that get you any of flatpak features like repositories, standardized metadata or sandboxing?
        distro package managers already have repos, metadata and sandboxing. Well mine does. However i could see this being useful for steam.

Comment

distro package managers already have repos, metadata and sandboxing. Well mine does. However i could see this being useful for steam.
          Distro package managers have no sandboxing and they are distro specific.

Comment

why not make flatpackOS while you are at it?

Comment

Distro package managers have no sandboxing and they are distro specific.

Comment

why not make flatpackOS while you are at it?
                what problem would that solve?

Comment

How is that integrated with a package manager? It only provides a environment for building. It does not control runtime sandboxing at all

Comment

what problem would that solve?
                    You have an OS with only 1 pm. instead of 5.
                    How is that integrated with a package manager? It only provides a environment for building. It does not control runtime sandboxing at all
                    never said it did. i just said the sandbox software exists and is used by pms, just not for the apps without config.

Comment

Working...
                    X