LibreOffice Is Now One Of The First Major Linux Desktop Apps With A Flatpak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cj.wijtmans View Post
    You have an OS with only 1 pm. instead of 5.

Nope. You will have six instead of five.

Comment

never said it did. i just said the sandbox software exists and is used by pms, just not for the apps without config.
      what you are pointing to has zero runtime sandboxing which is the feature I am referring to.

Comment

Originally posted by RahulSundaram View Post

what you are pointing to has zero runtime sandboxing which is the feature I am referring to.
        If you want an OS that functions like android then make flatpackOS.
        Last edited by cj.wijtmans; 01 June 2016, 08:01 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

If you want an OS that functions like android then make flatpackOS.
          You are confused about the goals here. Flatpak has nothing to do with android.

Comment

Originally posted by RahulSundaram View Post

You are confused about the goals here. Flatpak has nothing to do with android.
            They both sandbox apps.

Comment

why not make flatpackOS while you are at it?
              not directly flatpak, but rancherOS is a pid 1 docker, where ALL apps run inside docker containers, so each app can be isolated from the next one.

My main issue with flatpak is coming from gnome devs... i don't trust then, as i don't trust systemd, pulseaudio devs... Everytime i see something coming from oracle, redhat, apple or microsoft, i step back and try to see the bigger picture... not that everything they do is bad, but they fucked up the final user several times already to improve their business, so i don't trust then

Comment

They both sandbox apps.
                Many many different operating systems have sandboxing. It isn't something android specific and flatpak sandboxing doesn't work like android at all.

Comment

Originally posted by higuita View Post

not directly flatpak, but rancherOS is a pid 1 docker, where ALL apps run inside docker containers, so each app can be isolated from the next one.

My main issue with flatpak is coming from gnome devs... i don't trust then, as i don't trust systemd, pulseaudio devs... Everytime i see something coming from oracle, redhat, apple or microsoft, i step back and try to see the bigger picture... not that everything they do is bad, but they fucked up the final user several times already to improve their business, so i don't trust then
                  How are running the Linux kernel then? It is driven primarily by commercial organizations these days.

Comment

Originally posted by higuita View Post

Does it have 1 or 2 pms? Now that i think about it you need two. One for the sandboxed apps and one that manages system tools and libraries. Otherwise htop for example would not work sandboxed.

Comment

Is it possible to run flatpack apps inside flatpack sandboxed apps? Steam could use something like docker also.

Comment

Working...
                      X