Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KDE's Krita 3.0 Now In Beta

Phoronix: KDE's Krita 3.0 Now In Beta

The developers behind KDE's flagship digital painting and animation program have this morning announced the Krita 3.0 Beta...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

KDE's flagship?... not sure if that's very accurate, it's a KDE frameworks based project and all that, but it's not part of KDE.

Comment

Of course Krita is part of KDE. It's hosted on KDE's infrastructure, it's supported by KDE e.V., all developers are KDE developer with KDE developer accounts, and this is our mission statement: https://docs.krita.org/KritaFAQ#What_is_Krita.3F

Comment

Originally posted by boudewijnrempt View Post
        Of course Krita is part of KDE. It's hosted on KDE's infrastructure, it's supported by KDE e.V., all developers are KDE developer with KDE developer accounts, and this is our mission statement: https://docs.krita.org/KritaFAQ#What_is_Krita.3F
        Well, my bad.

Comment

Sadly it just crashes for me (Gentoo / git build from the kde overlay)... When I've got some spare time I'll investigate further...

Comment

Originally posted by bobwya View Post
            Sadly it just crashes for me (Gentoo / git build from the kde overlay)... When I've got some spare time I'll investigate further...
            Please do -- and contact us on irc or on the forum with what you found. We've tried the appimage on Ubuntu, OpenSUSE, Fedora, Arch, CentOS and Manjaro... But there are so many distributions!

Comment

Originally posted by boudewijnrempt View Post

Please do -- and contact us on irc or on the forum with what you found. We've tried the appimage on Ubuntu, OpenSUSE, Fedora, Arch, CentOS and Manjaro... But there are so many distributions!
              I'll check it again in a day or two (I'm away on hols this week)... Thanks for the kind offer!

Comment

Working...
              X