Epiphany Browser Does Its First Development Release Towards GNOME 3.22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by misp View Post
    Just wondering... Does anyone here use other browser than chrome/ium and Firefox? Reasons?
    I use Epiphany for my day to day browsing, because it looks, feels and integrates like a GNOME app. Firefox is pretty bad - Chrome/ium is downright terrible.

Comment

Originally posted by misp View Post
      Just wondering... Does anyone here use other browser than chrome/ium and Firefox? Reasons?
      Yes and no. I was wondering, too if anybody uses these desktop env. browsers like Epiphany or Konqueror. Konqueror is sometimes very instable here and generally doesn't work that well. Even though it does have a few nice things other browsers don't have by default. I have it as some emergency fallback - or if I am too lazy to restore an 80 tabs session just to look something up.
      I don't have Epiphany any longer since I don't use Gnome (3).

Yes, I do use Seamonkey, but which is rather similar but yet not similar to FF. Also FF is installed, I once tried Opera (but didn't get too warm with it), and I keep away from google's spyware. Maybe a community version with the spying removed would be worth trying.
      FF lives a lot from the extensions, some were/are really nice and great, but due to sudden changes some stopped working too often. Furthermore they added Facebook-APIs and other crap, y'know FF was supposed just to be the fast and slender thing rising from the "fat" Mozilla suite. Look what is has become today. Quite obese, UI changes, nobody needs version numbers (Asa Dotzler...) and other non-sense ideas summed up over the years. Really sad.

Oh, and I do use some flavor of links occasionally, sadly a lot of sites and even interfaces to routers do not work with it any longer.

Besides the modern internet sucks with all its modern mess, "social" buttons, malware infestation, java script, censorship, low performance, flash, tracking, animated, blinking, half broken, cluttered and overloaded websites.
      Sometimes I actually long back to the days when websites were simple and grey, maybe not that interactive, but there was much better overwiew and you got quickly to the information you wanted. And even with 56K on a single core 1 GHz machine it was sometimes faster than today's Mbit connection that are slowed by ad servers, loading contents from 20 sources, and endless browser rendering and java script processings.
      But well, maybe I am just becoming too old.
      Stop TCPA, stupid software patents and corrupt politicians!

Comment

It would be nice if both Epiphany and Midori has support for per-site JavaScript blocking to protect against Microsoft Tech Support scam nonesense. Even with AdBlock in Chrome, it's the first time I've ever gotten this crap due to a redirect.

Comment

Working...
        X