Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NetworkManager 1.2 Is Officially Released

Phoronix: NetworkManager 1.2 Is Officially Released

The official release of NetworkManager 1.2 has finally happened...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

It looks a very exciting release!

Comment

NetworkManager in Ubuntu 16.04 (Xenial).

Version: 1.1.93-0ubuntu4

Comment

Marvelous !

Comment

Originally posted by debianxfce View Post
          Hilarious, wicd does not need updates, wicd does not have such a poor design that nm has. In nm control is from the hardware to you not otherwise.
          Another day, another totally troll bs post from you. 9/10 would post again.

Comment

Hilarious, wicd does not need updates, wicd does not have such a poor design that nm has. In nm control is from the hardware to you not otherwise.
            Sure it doesn't.

Comment

Most of the ubuntu users do not know what VPN is or ever use it.

4G sticks do have their own browser based user interfaces. No need for mobile broadband control and with nm you can not see signal levels.
              Then why is wicd planning on including these since 2012?

Comment

In software development process, all planned features are often not implemented. Wicd developers focus on what is essential.
                Oh, I see now.
                I'm off to tell my remote colleagues VPN is not essential and move them to wicd.

Comment

Another day, another totally troll bs post from you
                  Please link the post you are quoting, or stop disguising your bs as if it was my words.

Most of the ubuntu users do not know what VPN is or ever use it.
                  Sure, why not using a bash script calling plain wpa_supplicant then.

4G sticks do have their own browser based user interfaces. No need for mobile broadband control and with nm you can not see signal levels.
                  4G stick browser interface is ok only for the most basic things or if you are lucky and everything was done well for some reason (which isn't always the case).
                  Their firmware is crap and unsafe. All 4G sticks I own get flashed back to stick mode, and return what they were always meant to be, dumb modems, not funky routers/firewalls/useless remote-rootable shit.

In software development process, all planned features are often not implemented. Wicd developers focus on what is essential.
                  translation: "it lacks features I don't use, so I assume these features are useless FOR EVERYONE, so you should not use them too"

Wicd is sadly an abandoned project, it isn't "essential", it was critically undermanned when developed, and it is dead since at least 3 years or so. Stop this bs please.

Comment

Have you ever heard of getting a life? You should try that one of these days.

Comment

Working...
                    X