Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Qt 5.7 Beta Is In Sight

Phoronix: Qt 5.7 Beta Is In Sight

Qt 5.7 continues moving along and due to the concurrent release work with the much-delayed Qt 5.6 that finally shipped in March, the Qt 5.7 beta is already imminent...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Qt WebEngine is now based on Chromium 49
    After Chrome/Chromium 50 is out. That's why it's insecure.

Comment

Great news this is an important improvements towards an excellent qtwebengine browser.

Comment

Originally posted by Azrael5 View Post
        Great news this is an important improvements towards an excellent qtwebengine browser.
        Just in case, QtWebKit is not dead, it's currently being revived by third party developers, based on current WebKit plus some other goodies.
        At lest there will be some competition. ;-)

Comment

The script module is depreciated, does that mean no longer available. Anybody know if there is a replacement for it. By the way, I recall there was a great deal of discussion a while back to reduce the memory consumption of QML. But nowhere do I see any bullet points mention this.

Comment

@DarkClous, QJSEngine from QtQml module is good enough replacement.
            It was already gone with 5.6 BTW.

Comment

Why would Qt have a Wayland compositor?

Comment

Originally posted by nanonyme View Post
                Why would Qt have a Wayland compositor?
                Qt is very popular for embedded devices with touch screens.
                Linux is very popular for embedded devices.
                In a single window scenario the most common Qt backend is EGLFS, but if the situation needs multiple windows then you either need X11 or Wayland.
                The Qt Wayland compositor makes it easy for the device creators to have their own, custom, window managment.

Cheers,
                _

Comment

Originally posted by Awesomeness View Post
                  After Chrome/Chromium 50 is out. That's why it's insecure.
                  What makes you think it is insecure? The security patches from Chromium 50 are even backported to Qt 5.6 based on Chromium 45.

Comment

Originally posted by carewolf View Post
                    What makes you think it is insecure? The security patches from Chromium 50 are even backported to Qt 5.6 based on Chromium 45.
                    The news story told nothing about backported security fixes and I have less boring things to do in my life than scrolling through commit histories.
                    I'm also not aware that Qt releases happen at the same time as Chrome releases. The time that passes from a Chrome release to a Qt bugfix release means that known security holes are open.

Comment

Working...
                    X