Qt 5.7 Beta Is In Sight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Awesomeness View Post

The news story told nothing about backported security fixes and I have less boring things to do in my life than scrolling through commit histories.
    I'm also not aware that Qt releases happen at the same time as Chrome releases. The time that passes from a Chrome release to a Qt bugfix release means that known security holes are open.
    If there were any urgent security issues that would affect end-users of QtWebengine we would made an immediate release, so far it has not been the case.

The vast majority of security fixes in Chromium releases are fixes of bugs introduces in the same release (for instance the bug used in Pwn2Own was only introduced two weeks before), the rest these day mainly affects extension policies and Google's policing of those.

Comment

Originally posted by carewolf View Post
      If there were any urgent security issues that would affect end-users of QtWebengine we would made an immediate release, so far it has not been the case.
      “We”? So you are part of the team that for years failed to properly maintain QtWebKit and now promise immediate ports of Chromium fixes?
      I honestly like Qt and mostly use KDE and Qt software but I have zero confidence in webview modules provided by the Qt project.
      I have more confidence in the vague prospect of a CEF-based KDE web browser running Servo.

Comment

Working...
      X