GNOME 3.20.1 Released

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Masush5 View Post

I didn't know about that project and took a look, but it does not seem like its really what i'm looking for. I don't want to configure resolution or button mappings of gaming mice, i just want to use my desktop without wierd acceleration. Under X i can just use xf86-input-libinput with the flat profile by putting a line in a conf file, which is not great for the average user but at least works. Keep in mind there are actually non-technical, non-gaming users who dislike pointer acceleration
    IMO non-technical, non-gaming users just do not know what pointer acceleration is and just do not care.
    They move the mouse and the cursor moves "naturally".
    Disabling it IS the weird idea by weird peoples for themselves...

THIS is precisely the kind of stuff used by less than 0.01% of people that made X.Org so complicated to understand and maintain version after version for years.
    Last edited by Passso; 15 April 2016, 10:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Passso View Post
      They move the mouse and the cursor moves "naturally".
      People seemingly have different perceptions about what feel natural.

Originally posted by Passso View Post
      THIS is precisely the kind of stuff used by less than 0.01% of people that made X.Org so complicated to understand and maintain version after version for years.
      While its probably true that this feature would not be used by the majority, it is already implemented in libinput and i see no reason for not exposing it in the settings dialog. Of course gnome devs have no obligation to carter to my wierd needs, but a search for "acceleration" on https://blogs.gnome.org/felipeborges/new-mouse-panel/ reveals that i'm not the only one interested in this.

Comment

Originally posted by Masush5 View Post
        People seemingly have different perceptions about what feel natural.
        I second that. While I am fine with acceleration on normal mice and large resolution screens, I always disable it for Thinkpad Trackpoints, which I rather set to highest sensitivity instead.

Comment

Working...
        X