X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why a Firefox icon?

Comment

Originally posted by Passso View Post
      I still did not find one mail client that supports Exchange 2010 with cal and contacts... so I had to get back to webmail... sick
      If anyone has a free solution for it, I will take a look
      Originally posted by Hi-Angel View Post
      You can use Davmail which is an app to proxy proprietary Exchange protocols into imap and friends. I.e. you configure the app to do the proxying, and connect mail clients to it trough localhost.
      I tried Davmail and it was buggy and resource-heavy. In the meantime I found this Thunderbird plugin and I love it:

It's open-source and actively developed. Here's a snippet of the features it supports:
      • Support Exchange server 2007, 2010 and 2013 (Office365).
      • Sync Calendar, Task/Todo and Contact items from an EWS (Exchange) server.
      • Create, modify and delete calendar events and task/todo items. They will get synced immediately with the EWS server.
      • You can access any Calendar, Task or Contacts folder on your EWS server as long as you have the right primarySMTP or alias email address and enough permissions for the used user.
      • Manage “Out of Office”settings for each calendar mailbox.

Comment

Originally posted by bmaupin View Post

I tried Davmail and it was buggy and resource-heavy. In the meantime I found this Thunderbird plugin and I love it:

It's open-source and actively developed. Here's a snippet of the http://www.1st-setup.nl/wordpress/?page_id=133"]features it supports[/URL]:
        Funny, in my case it is quite the opposite. Plugin is quite slow in combination with Exchange 2010. Davmail is stable and really fast (Ubuntu 14.04).

Comment

Originally posted by Cyber Killer View Post
          You did try the "vertical" layout that got introduced a good while ago, right? The one that looks like ms outlook?
          In Evolution or Thunderbird? I remember trying the "wide" layout of thunderbird, which was a little better, but the email list pane still ended up with cut off subjects and/or sender info because it's just one line, so I had to choose between a useful message list or a useful message view. That's the only problem I have with Thunderbird, and as soon as this bug https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=213945 gets fixed I can go back to using it.

Comment

Originally posted by devius View Post

In Evolution or Thunderbird? I remember trying the "wide" layout of thunderbird, which was a little better, but the email list pane still ended up with cut off subjects and/or sender info because it's just one line, so I had to choose between a useful message list or a useful message view. That's the only problem I have with Thunderbird, and as soon as this bug https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=213945 gets fixed I can go back to using it.
            I meant Thunderbird. Anyway personally I hate this layout in any application, I'm just too much of a dinosaur. As for cutting off - I don't think there is a solution to this. You could turn off some of the columns, I guess, that should help, or get an even more wide monitor.

Comment

Originally posted by zwartejack View Post

Funny, in my case it is quite the opposite. Plugin is quite slow in combination with Exchange 2010. Davmail is stable and really fast (Ubuntu 14.04).
              Hmm, interesting. I'm also using Ubuntu 14.04 with Exchange 2010. Last time I used Davmail, it ran constantly in the background as a service, whereas the exchangecalendar plugin only runs when Thunderbird is open and CPU use must be negligable because I haven't noticed it.

Davmail also used over 100 MB of RAM whereas I just checked the plugin and it's using < 10 MB of RAM:

One bug in particular I remember with Davmail was if an existing event was moved to a different time, it would be duplicated. I haven't run into that problem with the plugin yet.

But competition is great and it does seem that they're both actively developed, so they should only get better. I haven't used Davmail since 2014 so maybe it's much better now. The plugin works great for me and I don't have any reason to switch. I'm guessing you feel the same way about Davmail.
              Last edited by bmaupin; 18 April 2016, 09:30 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X