Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Krita 3.0 Pre-Alpha 3 Released, Krita 3 Official Due Next Month

Phoronix: Krita 3.0 Pre-Alpha 3 Released, Krita 3 Official Due Next Month

The crew behind the incredible Krita KDE drawing program has today announced they've gone into a feature freeze for Krita 3.0 and have decided to release 3.0 Pre-Alpha 3...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Niice! Any performance improvements? All the issues I've had with Krita ever were performance related, from lag while drawing to program stability.

Comment

Originally posted by rabcor View Post
      Niice! Any performance improvements? All the issues I've had with Krita ever were performance related, from lag while drawing to program stability.
      Yes -- that's what Instant Preview is for, for instance.

Comment

Originally posted by boudewijnrempt View Post

Yes -- that's what Instant Preview is for, for instance.
        Oh you finally fixed that drawing lag then? Sounds pretty nice, I look forward to using it; now I'm arguing with myself whether to wait for official release or download the pre alpha, to sneak a peek, hmm. I'm even a little hyped now.

Comment

Rules and Guides! Fantastic. Also looks like it's distributed as a .AppImage so I guess I don't need to install it to try it out? Thats neat.

Comment

Well, it looks great. I'm glad I contributed a few bucks and everyone likes the t-shirt. Just for appimage - ./krita3-prealpha3-de0d43d-x86_64.appimage: symbol lookup error: /lib64/libxcb-dri3.so.0: undefined symbol: xcb_send_fd. What about Xdg-app?

Comment

Can I use the touch screen on my Android phone or tablet to draw on Krita?

Comment

The dri3 problem seems fedora specific: we were building with dri2... I'll have to ask Probono what to do about it. Someone did report a bug:https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=360552

There is currently no support, as far as I know, to use an Android phone or tablet as input device, so I doubt that'll work, unless the drivers on the PC emulate Wintab (for WIndows) or xinput (for Linux). If that's the case, then it should just work.

Comment

Hmm, that new blending mode looks useful …

Comment

Working...
                  X