Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by klapaucius View Post

can you elaborate on that?
    Azrael5 is only a baby troll, he just throws a fast and stupid punch line and flies away. But maybe one day he will become a real adult troll, who knows...

Comment

Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
      Understood. I'm not saying it should have been removed because there was a better option, what I'm saying is it doesn't matter if it's removed because there is a better option (and a free one, at that). I'm not sure if they had a good reason to remove it.

For the record - Firefox gained popularity because of extensions. Sure, you're not obligated to add them but on modern PCs, most extensions don't hurt performance in any measurable way. Using your car radio analogy, that's like getting a car where it's sound system has nothing but an aux jack or a USB port, and you decide to use neither. Normally, I would say to use Opera, since almost every nice feature we use today (including tab grouping) was a built-in feature that they started, but nowadays Opera lacks many of their own ideas and isn't innovative like they used to be.
      Let me put it this way, they are security threat. So I'd rather use native feature...

Comment

Originally posted by dimko View Post
        Let me put it this way, they are security threat. So I'd rather use native feature...
        As far as I'm aware, the risks involved of adding highly-rated extensions (that aren't toolbars) are negligible. I'm not saying you're wrong, because it is totally possible. But if you're afraid of a security breach because of a common extension, you shouldn't be on the internet in general. If you're worried about some corporation collecting your data, well, then you should move to a 3rd world country.

Comment

Originally posted by klapaucius View Post

can you elaborate on that?
          yes I can: it is slower than chrome and derivatives it is slower than ie10 or edge it is verbose and elaborated on easy activities as to import html favorites file: in little words it makes difficult simple operations. The instructions are rather chaotic. it implements useless plugins as wmp. At least it should be lighter than it is. The only good thing is that it matches the actual operating system theme. Another defect is about html5 improvements: firefox is often slow to implement html5 codifications forcing to use deprecated flash player as well. Another defect is about hardware acceleration and how to make firefox able to take benefit of it by advanced features. It should not be difficult to make a browser which use directx9 or superior on windows and opengl on linux.

I hope to have been clear. (yes someone thinks I'm a troll because dislikes someone could talk clearly).
          Last edited by Azrael5; 09 March 2016, 04:07 PM.

Comment

As far as I'm aware, the risks involved of adding highly-rated extensions (that aren't toolbars) are negligible. I'm not saying you're wrong, because it is totally possible. But if you're afraid of a security breach because of a common extension, you shouldn't be on the internet in general. If you're worried about some corporation collecting your data, well, then you should move to a 3rd world country.
            you are aware of recent plugin fiasko with firefox? check it out online.

Comment

Originally posted by dimko View Post
              you are aware of recent plugin fiasko with firefox? check it out online.
              I'm not aware of one in particular, though it wouldn't surprise me if it has something to do with Java. Plugins I am definitely aware are risky, but plugins aren't the same thing as extensions. Extensions are generally perfectly safe to use.

Comment

I'm not aware of one in particular, though it wouldn't surprise me if it has something to do with Java. Plugins I am definitely aware are risky, but plugins aren't the same thing as extensions. Extensions are generally perfectly safe to use.
                An anonymous reader writes: Mozilla has banned the popular (250,000+ installs) YouTube Unblock add-on that allowed users to view YouTube clips blocked in their country. The reason for this move is because the add-on was caught disabling a Firefox security setting (code signing) which the allowed it...

Comment

Originally posted by bug77 View Post

I think it's used more than Hello.
                  Maybe but Hello is young

Comment

Working...
                  X