X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dimko
    replied
    Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
    Tab grouping was nice but in my opinion, it wasn't very intuitive. There are extensions that are better. For example:
    http://piro.sakura.ne.jp/xul/_treest...ml.en#features
    I'd like as few extentions as possible. It may have not been intuitive, but it was good, so why remove it?
    It's like saying, this new radio in car, while was nice, not everyone knew how to use it, so we removed it all together.(with no replacement)

Leave a comment:

• klapaucius
    replied
    Originally posted by Azrael5 View Post
    currently firefox is the worst browser.
    can you elaborate on that?

Leave a comment:

• jacob
    replied
    Originally posted by Azrael5 View Post
    currently firefox is the worst browser.
    I agree that it's the worst of the major browsers except MSIE, Chrome, Safari and Opera

Leave a comment:

• bug77
    replied
    Originally posted by woprandi View Post

Because it wasn't used and needed resources to be maintained
    I think it's used more than Hello.

Originally posted by Apopas View Post
    The external plugin is based in the same code and has the same functionality.
    It's still essentially the same as deprecating, since they only moved it to a plugin because it was already unmaintained. Sadly, as much as I like Firefox, it becomes increasingly more apparent they don't have the resources to stay on top any more.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by bug77 View Post
    I still don't see why it was removed. It's pretty useful on desktop.
    Official rationale was that their telemetry said that only minor part of userbase was using it (< 1%) and that there were several open bugs on issue tracker that nobody was willing to fix. I agree with you on usefulness, quite frankly I can't imagine myself not useing it anymore, grouping stuff together is just how my brain works.
    Plus I use it together with pentadactyl for GUI-less firefox (I have bound panorama to F1 and apart from it, I rarely use any gui elements so they are basically just wasted pixels where content should be).

Leave a comment:

• Apopas
    replied
    Originally posted by bug77 View Post

I still don't see why it was removed. It's pretty useful on desktop.
    The external plugin is based in the same code and has the same functionality.

Leave a comment:

• Ericg
    replied
    For what it's worth, a developer stepped up and released an addon that brings back the TabGroups. Useful for those who actually use the feature. It's also nice for those (like me) who don't, and therefore don't need this in core.

Leave a comment:

• schmidtbag
    replied
    Originally posted by dimko View Post
    they are not, but they are working on it.
    Tab grouping was a brilliant feature.
    Tab grouping was nice but in my opinion, it wasn't very intuitive. There are extensions that are better. For example:
    Pictures I drawed, XUL applications for Netscape 7/Mozilla, Project W3C-Girl, and so on.

Leave a comment:

• uid313
    replied
    I can't wait until GTK3 and Wayland support. But it will be GTK3 support first before Wayland, then it will take time to get Wayland support later.

The GTK3 version works, but is a little buggy. Notably the web developer tools.
    Wayland support doesn't work at all, it crashes on startup on nightly.

Leave a comment:

• eydee
    replied
    Well, at least they fixed one of the 3 super annoying issues.

Fixed: Pressing delete on an "omnibar" item deleted the one below, instead of the highlighted one. Also duplicated the item 2 rows below the highlighted one.
    Not fixed: Cursor stays visible on full-screen HTML5 video until you move it. It thinks it's still hovering the full screen button, the shape is even a hand. Once you move it, it'll disappear.
    Not fixed: 60fps flash video (twitch) stuttering like crazy. Maybe twitch will jump to full HTML5 sooner...

But at least we have lot of new features we will never use...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X