Wine-Staging 1.9.5 Brings Improvements For Older Windows Games On Linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rabcor View Post
    the only things I miss are the windows desktop shell (it is so well designed compared to any linux desktop environment, nobody can deny)
    I've never preferred the Windows shell over the Linux desktop environments I use. Microsoft clearly has made some improvements with Windows 10, but it still has its share of inconsistencies and other flaws.

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
      I used to use Wine a lot before back in the days when I was new to Linux, but now I find myself using it less and less, I don't even use it anymore.
      I gradually got less used to Windows software, and more used to the native alternatives offered on Linux.
      Also I guess now there is more and better native Linux applications.

WinMerge and MS Paint is nice though.
      I also miss Visual Studio.
      KolourPaint is basically mspaint, and Monodevelop 5+ is a good replacement for visual studios.

Comment

Here's a thought, if people like the windows shell so much, why doesn't someone hack on the ReactOS explorer.exe and make it launch Linux native software? The explorer.exe runs under wine and gives you a full windows-like desktop including file manager and start menu, shouldn't be too hard to extend it into being a full Linux desktop...

Comment

Originally posted by pal666 View Post
          so, we nailed it. people who like visual studio are the same people who like mspaint
          And people who like Eclipse spent their days on the internet, trolling and insulting people who don't use THEIR personal favourite toolsets...

What's your daily LOC, so far? Amount of patches submitted? Or are you too busy installing plugins and customising your IDE?

Comment

Working...
          X