Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Libinput 1.2 Officially Released

Phoronix: Libinput 1.2 Officially Released

Libinput 1.2.0 was officially released this morning by Red Hat's Peter Hutterer for improving the Linux input support on X.Org, Wayland, and Mir systems...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Minus one blocker for wayland as default in Fedora.

Comment

Broke two finger everything on my synaptics touchpad. Back to the synaptics driver.

Comment

Originally posted by Sloth View Post
        Broke two finger everything on my synaptics touchpad. Back to the synaptics driver.
        I would hope you submitted a bug report, or else it won't get fixed.

Comment

Sorry for a silly question, but does Compose key works in Wayland? (as I understand it is related to libinput, isn't it)

Comment

Originally posted by Mystro256 View Post
            I would hope you submitted a bug report, or else it won't get fixed.

Of course I did.

Comment

Originally posted by Sloth View Post

Of course I did.
              Might be useful to refer to the specific bug report from here since people who have the same problem can keep track of it.

Comment

How can you determine velocity/acceleration without hysteresis?

Also, +1 on that bug# as I've a synaptic touch pad, and if 2 finger scroll breaks if like to follow the bug...which reminds me, I need to file a bug about the cursor being too sensitive (which I suppose means the resolution is set too high) because it jitters just by resting your finger on it, and scrolling is just way too fast (speaking of, it's just so bizarre that libinput doesn't let you change both scrolling speeds and acceleration curves--- it really leads to a much less precise cursor than you get on osx).

Comment

Originally posted by liam View Post
                  How can you determine velocity/acceleration without hysteresis?

Also, +1 on that bug# as I've a synaptic touch pad, and if 2 finger scroll breaks if like to follow the bug...which reminds me, I need to file a bug about the cursor being too sensitive (which I suppose means the resolution is set too high) because it jitters just by resting your finger on it, and scrolling is just way too fast (speaking of, it's just so bizarre that libinput doesn't let you change both scrolling speeds and acceleration curves--- it really leads to a much less precise cursor than you get on osx).
                  Why not just lower the sensitivity o.o There's for example «Device Accel Constant Deceleration» — being increased it lowers sensitivity.

You're lucky one because peoples usually have too low sensitivity, and the way to increase it is tricky unless you already know the way (spoiler: it is modification of CTM, Coordinate Transformation Matrix, I hope Wayland got it).

Comment

... and the place to do this is where? Libinput relies on the de to provide an interface to its settings. On the CLI I've only found two tools. One let's you see what devices libinput is handling, the other is for debugging purposes, and exposes SOME of these settings, but the changes don't seem to actually work.
                    I've spent a decent amount of time reading about libinput, but perhaps I've missed something?

Comment

Working...
                    X