Building Your Own XDG-App Packages For GNOME App Sandboxing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Griffin View Post
    Best part is how easy it is to use xdg-apps in gnome-software. This is by far the most advanced linux software center combined with a very solid sandboxing mechanism. You dont get quality like this by luck. This takes talent and dedication. The Gnome developers sure nailed it.
    it's not only the installing, it is also development integration and the ease of package building.

Originally posted by mjog View Post
    Sounds like this is going to be by far the easiest way to distribute 3rd party desktop apps for Linux, especially useful if your source is on GitHub or similar.

Totally going to have to test it out on a desktop service+app I'm writing.
    you might be interested in this then https://blogs.gnome.org/chergert/201...s-and-xdg-app/ . i know i am drooling

Comment

Originally posted by littleowl View Post
      Not sure if you can actually sandbox an X application fully, that was one reason for design of Wayland.
      Well. There is XPRA. Of course that one is nowhere near as performant as Wayland and XDG-App.

Comment

This looks really great, but isn't this conflicting with Limba?

Also, I assume it won't be possible to deploy applications built with XDG-app on distributions other than Fedora until they decide to support it, right?

Comment

Originally posted by MadWatch View Post
          This looks really great, but isn't this conflicting with Limba?

Also, I assume it won't be possible to deploy applications built with XDG-app on distributions other than Fedora until they decide to support it, right?
          there are packages for many distributions

Comment

Working...
          X