Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LibreOffice Is Getting Better GTK3 Support

Phoronix: LibreOffice Is Getting Better GTK3 Support

Last year LibreOffice made much progress in receiving GTK3 support that it also began running on Wayland. The battle though is not over and more GTK3 improvements are still forthcoming...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Originally posted by Griffin View Post
    Great work Gnome. Great work Libreoffice. This is the future of linux desktop.
    All hail Gnome, the future of the Linux desktop . Seriously I do understand we all get excited about our favorite things but I see no evidence to point out that Gnome will represent the future of the Linux desktop.

If anything Unity is gaining more traction thanks to Ubuntu that has become the predominant Linux distro ( or so it seems to me and I'm not a fan of theirs ).

Comment

Great work Gnome. Great work Libreoffice. This is the future of linux desktop.
      Heheh. +1!

Comment

Oh, and the mousepad scrolling bug introduced in 5.1.0 is gone in 5.1.1, in case anyone was wondering about that...

Comment

Originally posted by mcirsta View Post

All hail Gnome, the future of the Linux desktop . Seriously I do understand we all get excited about our favorite things but I see no evidence to point out that Gnome will represent the future of the Linux desktop.

If anything Unity is gaining more traction thanks to Ubuntu that has become the predominant Linux distro ( or so it seems to me and I'm not a fan of theirs ).
          IMHO we should be thankful Red Hat so far aren’t trying to enforce GNOME 3s HIG on external projects or for paying customers.

Comment

Originally posted by danielnez1 View Post

IMHO we should be thankful Red Hat so far aren’t trying to enforce GNOME 3s HIG on external projects or for paying customers.
            RH doesn't care about GNOME. There's one executive who's been a big supporter of GNOME (which had caused... problems with getting GNOME to change direction from within Fedora), but the company as a whole doesn't care.
            I really wish people understood this...

Comment

No wonder the Gnome HIG and Gnome tools are adapted by Libreoffice.
              LibreOffice is not adopting GNOME's HIG though. Given it is a cross platform project, it would be inappropriate to change the entire UI just to conform to one single desktop environment. Also given the ongoing controversy over GNOME's HIG, it probably would be a very poor move for them.

Comment

Working...
              X