The Improvements To GNOME's Nautilus 3.20 FIle Manager

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mr. Octus View Post

You need to add the files you want in ~/Templates. Ex. New Text Document.txt, New Write Document.odt, Etc....

I wish they made this clear earlier but it allows you to customize it more imo. You could also add content in the document, ex. Basic html page if you do web development.
    That is pretty cool. Never knew this.
    But then again, not really user friendly. They could at least add a default create text file option if no templates have been configured.

It is a simple if else statement in nautilus probably.

Comment

Originally posted by Scellow View Post
      Gnome is becoming update after update a Mobile/Tablet friendly Desktop Environment, which sucks in my opinion
      I agree that it sucks they are going that way. But until now it still works great on the Desktop.

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
        The icon size for files and folders are absurdly large.
        Can't you just zoom in/out? (Not sure if that works, I haven't used Nautilus for a while)

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
          The icon size for files and folders are absurdly large.

for that reason and other ubuntu 16.04 revert to nautilus 3.14. gnome 3.18 is a disaster for desktop, to do simply thing we need a lot of work, like creating a new folder

Comment

Originally posted by M1kkko View Post

Can't you just zoom in/out? (Not sure if that works, I haven't used Nautilus for a while)

the small size with nautilus 3.18 is the big in dolphin

Comment

I just don't understand pictures in this blog post: they have two folders with icons of size 512x512. I mean, I'm blind but that is too much for me, blind people need bigger fonts anyway. Then, lets imagine developer going with icons of that size into nautilus source folder... nah, can't even imagine that; won't find find anything anyway when file manager can display only four files at once.

Comment

Originally posted by andre30correia View Post

for that reason and other ubuntu 16.04 revert to nautilus 3.14. gnome 3.18 is a disaster for desktop, to do simply thing we need a lot of work, like creating a new folder
                Right mouse click, Create New Folder [Shift-Ctrl-N] on Debian.

Comment

Originally posted by magika View Post
                  We will be able to see free space?! Wow. Too experimental for my taste, gnome pls stop.
                  man df

Comment

How about drag-n-drop under wayland? I think this kind of thing ought to be second on the list after security, not that search isn't nice. A file manager without drag-n-drop kind of defeats the purpose...

Comment

Originally posted by jamdox View Post
                      How about drag-n-drop under wayland? I think this kind of thing ought to be second on the list after security, not that search isn't nice. A file manager without drag-n-drop kind of defeats the purpose...
                      That is likely something that is handled at the toolkit level and not at the app level though.

Comment

Working...
                      X