Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Qt Mail Client Trojitá 0.6 Released

Phoronix: Qt Mail Client Trojitá 0.6 Released

Trojitá version 0.6 was released today of this lightweight, Qt-based, IMAP email client...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Cool. Coincidentally I was just checking the client out today and wondering whether it was still under development. Looking for a lightweight, imap-only, no-frills email client for my laptop.

Well, 0.5 is still the version in the Ubuntu repos when installing via Trojita's website (and the repo they give) and it's totally broken with gmail for me. I hope 0.6 actually works.
    Last edited by molecule-eye; 24 January 2016, 02:39 PM.

Comment

Seems minimalistic, but unfortunately couldn't make it (version 0.5) authenticate with Exchange (SMTP). Receiving mails worked.

Comment

Nice little ongoing project. But be aware that without Exchange integration and a calendar, it's only good for basic home usage. And even then, the web based solutions offer a nicer interface anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by bug77 View Post
          Nice little ongoing project. But be aware that without Exchange integration and a calendar, it's only good for basic home usage. And even then, the web based solutions offer a nicer interface anyway.
          Does somebody have an idea whats up with roundcube-ng? Or are there other FOSS web based email clients with exchange integration and calendar/contacts integration?

Comment

Would be cool if they supported FastMail's JMAP

Comment

Originally posted by molecule-eye View Post
              Well, 0.5 is still the version in the Ubuntu repos when installing via Trojita's website (and the repo they give)
              Thanks, the Ubuntu builds were failing due to a small technical glitch. They're running now. Could you please consider letting us know next time? I usually don't browse each and every forum which reprints the announcement.
              and it's totally broken with gmail for me. I hope 0.6 actually works.
              Could you please file a bug so that we know what's going on, in particular what "totally broken" means here?

It's true that Trojitá is an IMAP client, and GMail's IMAP implementation does not offer many extra features (threading, for example). They also have a habit of calling everyone who doesn't like to implement their custom authentication schemes (XOAUTH2) as "insecure" or "less secure", which might scare some people away.

Comment

Originally posted by caligula View Post
                Seems minimalistic, but unfortunately couldn't make it (version 0.5) authenticate with Exchange (SMTP). Receiving mails worked.
                Yup, there was a bug where we failed to support a non-standard AUTH LOGIN. It works in 0.6.

Comment

Originally posted by jktjkt View Post

Yup, there was a bug where we failed to support a non-standard AUTH LOGIN. It works in 0.6.
                  Good to know. I'm installing it immediately once it hits the distro's repositories. Great software.

Comment

What's the point of another email client unless exchange and calendar integration works in it? Those are the only two features worth changing your client for. Otherwise, IMAP clients are dime-a-dozen.

Comment

Working...
                    X