Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pitivi Lands Proxy Editing Support, Makes It Closer To Pitivi 1.0

Phoronix: Pitivi Lands Proxy Editing Support, Makes It Closer To Pitivi 1.0

The Pitivi open-source non-linear video editor designed around GNOME components and making use of GStreamer just landed a big feature that also relieves another blocker in nearing the Pitivi 1.0 milestone...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Proxies are definitely where I got hung up attempting to use Pitivi.

Comment

That was also one of the blockers keeping me from considering Pitivi seriously. If they also finish the speed control, advanced geometry tool, hardware acceleration, magnetic timeline, ken burns effect, subtitles editing, copy/paste, cut reviewing tools, and advanced title creation they will undoubtedly be the most advanced FOSS video editor on linux and also my ideal video editor.

But seeing as how according to them that'll be another $32,330 worth of developer work I'm not too optimistic about it being accomplished within the next year or even two years.

Comment

Originally posted by kenjitamura View Post
        That was also one of the blockers keeping me from considering Pitivi seriously. If they also finish the speed control, advanced geometry tool, hardware acceleration, magnetic timeline, ken burns effect, subtitles editing, copy/paste, cut reviewing tools, and advanced title creation they will undoubtedly be the most advanced FOSS video editor on linux and also my ideal video editor.

But seeing as how according to them that'll be another $32,330 worth of developer work I'm not too optimistic about it being accomplished within the next year or even two years.
        Write the code for yourself

Comment

30 KUSD is nothing. It's pretty low amount for so much development work. It just seems like a lot. That until you actually see the quotes for any changes in software.

Comment

Working...
          X