X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KDE Plasma 5.5 Has Evolved Well Beyond Where Plasma 4 Ended

Phoronix: KDE Plasma 5.5 Has Evolved Well Beyond Where Plasma 4 Ended

Ken Vermette has written a lengthy article for us about his thoughts on the state of the KDE Plasma 5 desktop as of the recent 5.5 release. If you are curious how KDE Plasma 5 is panning out, how it works on Wayland, and much more, this article is a definite must-read.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Great, well thought-out article!

Comment

Thanks for such a beautiful post ! enjoyed the reading...

Comment

Just want to say the same.... great Article. I am using Plasma 5 here with much joy.

Comment

I abandoned KDE because of this flat albescent shit.

Comment

"The wallpaper sucks though." ROFL haha

Comment

Originally posted by mozo View Post
              I abandoned KDE because of this flat albescent shit.
              Windows and OSX are flat, so too go most of the mainstream desktop environments. BTW, if all the white is bothering you in KDE, there is a dark theme in Breeze that is quite nice.

Comment

The most beautiful complete distro of Linux.

Comment

Thanks for the guest post Ken - It is a very well written article that I enjoyed immensely. I look forward to hearing more about how the whole KDE project is coming along and if I find myself with some spare time will definitely try out a live CD.

Comment

KDE Plasma 5.5 Has Evolved Well Beyond Where Plasma 4 Ended
                    Specially its memory usage has evolved drastically. An empty Plasma session with zero plasmoids and applications running consumes up to 500MB of RAM on a x64 host. Tell me anything but I'm calling this very bad programming. Wonder-fecking-ful.

And should I mention the default theme which looks like Windows 8/10 wanna-be grayish mostly single color sh*t?

No wonder lots of people stopped using it.
                    Last edited by birdie; 08 January 2016, 11:56 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X