No announcement yet.

Wine 1.8 Released With 13,000+ Changes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not sure if DX11 is worth the work. Maybe they should go from dx9 directly to dx12.

Wine is cool, I use it everyday for Photoshop CS6 with Playonlinux.

Comment

The true reason to focus on DX12 is that DX12 is the bigger leap forward; DX12 is drastically different from previous DX versions. However, this in turn probably also makes it a lot harder to implement.

Ultimately though, I think we'll see DX12 becoming the new DX9; 9 was the mainstay and the fallback for a long, long, long time.

Comment

Originally posted by F1esDgSdUTYpm0iy View Post
        Ultimately though, I think we'll see DX12 becoming the new DX9
        You won't, as long as it remains Win10 exclusive. There are still sane people in this world.

Also what moves the gaming industry is consoles, and Xbone is far from being the leader and is the only one with (future) DX12 support.

Comment

Originally posted by eydee View Post
          You won't, as long as it remains Win10 exclusive. There are still sane people in this world.

Also what moves the gaming industry is consoles, and Xbone is far from being the leader and is the only one with (future) DX12 support.
          What I meant and it is a bit of a shame I need to explain this in such great detail is that DX9 was the go-to DX version for a really, really long time. DX10 never took off, most companies simply skipped/ignored it and DX11 has already been replaced, by DX12. And with DX12 being such a dramatically different API from previous DX versions, I suspect 11 will be skipped just as much as DX10 was.
          With regards to its Win 10 exclusivity -- That is a very sad thing indeed, I can't help but agree with you there. Win 10 is a dreadful monstrosity indeed. Which does nothing to dissuade the masses from purchasing it. So, you will see a moment in time when most desktop PCs are in fact running a DX12 enabled OS. Particularly with the lifecycle of its immediate predecessors, 7, 8 and 8.1 being so much shorter than Win XP. Mainstream support for 8.1 is ending in 2018. By that time, people will be forced to move to Win 10 (or later); if they're sticking with Windows at all, obviously.

Comment

This wine version comes with many improvements like as:

-Mouse 360 turnaround issue in Batman games, Risen games, Farcry 3, Farcry 3 Blood Dragon and other titles

-part of CSMT code

-vertex blending (No One lives Forever 2, Tron 2.0, Shade Wrath of Angels and others) thanks to jozef kucia

-various titles with GFWL work too

-and many other things

This is some examples

In Sims 4 before mouse escape some times from window area and now works good

Other Titles

Some titles take benefits of CSMT code like Blur

However some titles like Aliens Colonial Marines this not have all benefits of CSMT code in wine 1.8

Aliens Colonial Marines with CSMT wine from stefan dosinger git

Last edited by pinguinpc; 21 December 2015, 02:08 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X