KDE Plasma 5.5 Officially Released

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mgraesslin View Post

we don't have any plans to remove X11 support currently. So probably more than a year.
    Leave X11 support there if you wish. We just don't want to *rely* on it

Comment

So I wanted to make a screenshot of what thunderbird looks like today, and then ksnapshot did the same: http://i.imgur.com/ljFpoWe.png. I wonder if this is plasma related. Edit: It's the ABeeZee font. Switching to the Oxygen font fixes it. Last edit: It happened again with Source Pro, after waking up from suspend. That seems to be the trigger. Another edit: The oxygen font looks "off" so I switched to Source Sans Pro. All seem to have kerning issues in GTK programs like thunderbird:

I'm not even one of the real font snobs and it still bothers me a lot...
      Clicking on "Font management" in the font kcm causes a segfault in systemsettings.

Also, the scrollwheel in plasma 5 applications is set to a very low speed compared to gtk applications by default.

Then there are the plasma and kwin animations. Starting new applications very visible first renders an "empty" window with the background image showing through and then after a short moment the application starts to render. The "start" menu and pop up menus like the networkmanager applet do the same. Sometimes when these menus haven't been opened for a while the ui elements load "load" really slowly and it takes even 1+ seconds. That's with intel git.

Also, in dolphin 15.08 I have grouping and sorting for date activated with german locale and ... uhm... wat
      Last edited by haagch; 11 December 2015, 10:39 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X