Adobe Renaming Flash Software To "Animate CC"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GraysonPeddie View Post
    I wish HTML4 had support for animations, but then we should be moving forward and make Flash obsolete.
    Why would you need HTML4? Legacy support for those still running IE8/9 or Opera Mini?

Comment

Originally posted by Daktyl198 View Post
      I know you're joking, but CC = Creative Cloud

Despite the fact that Adobe's creation software isn't available on Linux and has some memory usage issues, it's all very well done. There's a reason they stand where they are in the creative community.
      Thanks. I guess it's naming stuff with le buzzword du jour.. is there any merit to the "cloud" name? Or is it like a free onedrive subscription included? Just curious... seems like you have some experience with the software in question.

Comment

Originally posted by milkylainen View Post

Thanks. I guess it's naming stuff with le buzzword du jour.. is there any merit to the "cloud" name? Or is it like a free onedrive subscription included? Just curious... seems like you have some experience with the software in question.
        I don't use it too much, but the plan I have comes with Photoshop and Lightroom (thought I only use PS). It comes with free font downloads from Adobe's collection, a certain amount of space to upload your works to "the cloud" so you can work across devices, etc etc. There's a ton of features I don't use, so I can't say much more (as I only use PS and the font downloading )

Comment

Originally posted by GraysonPeddie View Post
          I wish HTML4 had support for animations, but then we should be moving forward and make Flash obsolete.
          Originally posted by unixfan2001 View Post
          Why would you need HTML4? Legacy support for those still running IE8/9 or Opera Mini?
          I think what GraysonPeddie meant is, I wish HTML4 had included animations so there wasn't any need for Flash to even exist at all.

Obviously this is unrealistic. Proprietary will almost always be created before open standards. Creating something proprietary (like Flash) takes less time to get on the market.
          Creating standards needs a lot more thought and lots of cooperation between companies and other organizations.

Comment

Originally posted by Lennie View Post

I think what GraysonPeddie meant is, I wish HTML4 had included animations so there wasn't any need for Flash to even exist at all.

Obviously this is unrealistic. Proprietary will almost always be created before open standards. Creating something proprietary (like Flash) takes less time to get on the market.
            Creating standards needs a lot more thought and lots of cooperation between companies and other organizations.

True.

Am hoping in some years VULKAN (basically mantle 2.0) , does the same to DirectX.

Comment

Originally posted by Lennie View Post

Yep, that's what I meant. Flash is very expensive to purchase just so I can create content with it. But now that HTML5's support for animation is here, has anyone used Ella? Or are there any good HTML5 animation editors available for Linux?

Comment

Adobe giving a tarnished name a facelift? Ha.

I look forward to the day that Adobe Tools are dwarfed by a new Super Giant, for the love of open source can we please have tools like Krita, Gimp, and Inkscape take a little speed - someone figure it out and all of us will dump hundreds of thousands of dollars into it.

GIMP GTK3 and Inkscape GTK3 are pretty freekin cool, although I wish the foundations behind the Apps were a little bit more commercial minded in their quest to perfect their products - so far Krita is in the lead as their development has been bouku crazy fast and awesome!

I can't wait for rulers and guides to be fixed in Krita as their Vector and GL support are very good.

we need more fulltime devs on these projects, someone take out $$$

Comment

Yes, Google Webdesigner is very good for animations. I've replaced my Flash animations with html5.

Comment

I like that ads and other crap content use Flash, because it is so easy to block, just don't install a Flash plugin in your browser.
                    Then your browser is much faster, much more secure, and much more responsive, crashes less, and no crap content.

If crap content such as ads start to use HTML5 instead of Flash, then it will be more difficult to block it.

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
                      I like that ads and other crap content use Flash, because it is so easy to block, just don't install a Flash plugin in your browser.
                      Then your browser is much faster, much more secure, and much more responsive, crashes less, and no crap content.

If crap content such as ads start to use HTML5 instead of Flash, then it will be more difficult to block it.
                      Yes, there are a lot of advantages to HTML5 and all the new standards. But HTML5 ads instead of Flash ads is the only but maybe big disadvantage.

Comment

Working...
                      X