Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adobe Renaming Flash Software To "Animate CC"

Phoronix: Adobe Renaming Flash Software To "Animate CC"

Adobe has announced they'll be renaming Flash To Animate CC...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Adobe should support Linux...meanwhile I use Google Webdesigner.
    Last edited by mike4; 01 December 2015, 03:08 PM.

Comment

No, Flash Professional (the content creation program) will be Animate CC. Flash itself is still alive and the plugins are still Flash.

Comment

CC = Completely Crappy?

Comment

Not that surprising, there have been rumours for a while now that they would rename Flash Professional in order to distance it from the dying Flash player.

Comment

Originally posted by milkylainen View Post
            CC = Completely Crappy?
            I know you're joking, but CC = Creative Cloud

Despite the fact that Adobe's creation software isn't available on Linux and has some memory usage issues, it's all very well done. There's a reason they stand where they are in the creative community.

Comment

Originally posted by Daktyl198 View Post
              I know you're joking, but CC = Creative Cloud

Despite the fact that Adobe's creation software isn't available on Linux and has some memory usage issues, it's all very well done. There's a reason they stand where they are in the creative community.
              I cant help it, but isnt Creative Cloud = Completely Crappy? The whole concept - I mean, really...

Comment

Flash got a bad rep. Adobe has no good software out there, same old products (stale), so they are sticking to flash

Comment

I wish HTML4 had support for animations, but then we should be moving forward and make Flash obsolete.

Comment

Originally posted by sverris View Post
                    I cant help it, but isnt Creative Cloud = Completely Crappy? The whole concept - I mean, really...
                    Subscription based models are pretty good for everybody involved.
                    Companies get a more sustainable income (instead of short bursts) so they don't really have any "down times" where they might have to lay off devs or pull from some reserves or whatever
                    Users tend to get an overall cheaper price that's easier to fit into their life. E.g. Office 365 is what? $9/month (108/year) for one user for the entire office suite which has a major update every year now instead of $500 every two years.
                    etc etc

Comment

Working...
                    X