Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blahblah
    replied
    It's a fantastic idea. It would be awesome if they eventually loosened that stranglehold Flash/ToonBoom have; cartoons look too samey nowadays.

Leave a comment:

• ElectricPrism
    replied
    Yeah, we use big-ass documents containing at least 80 images for story-boarding layout. I can't comment off the top of my head as to the width or height but im sure it's at least 20,000 - 100,000 pixels width / height.

In the last few versions, performance increases really cleaned up that hit. Krita is absolutely a professional production tool, a light in the FOSS world like Firefox used to be back in the day but maybe even brighter.

Leave a comment:

• Apopas
    replied
    Krita was an awesome piece of software and now is even awesomer!

Leave a comment:

• rabcor
    replied
    Awesome! Krita rocks! I question their decision to use OGL 3 though (shoulda used OpenGL ES 2.X or 3.X instead) but as long as they're using OpenGL, I guess I won't complain, I've been waiting for these performance improvements for a long time!

Drawing at high resolutions was always a hellish experience on Krita before (although other programs tend to have problems with it too anyways, Corel Painter I think wasn't much better than Krita at it)

Leave a comment:

• Krita 2.9 Animation Edition In Beta, Takes Advantage Of OpenGL 3 On The GPU

Phoronix: Krita 2.9 Animation Edition Now In Beta

Following a successful Kickstarter campaign where the KDE-aligned Krita program raised €30,520, the first beta of Krita 2.9 Animation Edition is now available...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite
Working...
X