Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KDevelop 5.0 Enters Beta With Qt5/KF5 Port

Phoronix: KDevelop 5.0 Enters Beta With Qt5/KF5 Port

The first beta of KDevelop 5.0 is now available. This huge update comes after more than a year of hard work and its code-base has been ported over to using Qt5 and KDE Frameworks 5...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Best ide on earth!

Comment

Seriously, nothing beats KDev's syntax highlighting and ability to generate on the fly documentation. It needs way more adoption than it gets!

Comment

I tried KDevelop again(I've tried it before, long time ago and didn't like it), 2 or 3 days ago, was very impressed with it(although I had some issues with Qt code-completion).
        I saw on the site, in the 4.7.2 release "Stay tuned for the upcoming first beta release of KDevelop 5", was wondering when it will be released, and here it is...
        I like a lot how you can combine many projects that use different build-systems, arrange them in the order you need them to be compiled(for example, if they depend on each other but usually are compiled by a script because you have to call different build systems) and define the depencies, in which case it will know that if you want to build only a module, it will automatically build the other dependencies.

Comment

I haven't tried this latest release yet, but I've used KDevelop in the past for C / C++ projects, and have always found it to be a fantastic IDE and editor. Can't wait to see how it behaves on KF5!

Comment

Working...
          X