Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KDevelop 5.0 Enters Beta With Qt5/KF5 Port

Phoronix: KDevelop 5.0 Enters Beta With Qt5/KF5 Port

The first beta of KDevelop 5.0 is now available. This huge update comes after more than a year of hard work and its code-base has been ported over to using Qt5 and KDE Frameworks 5...

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...velop-5.0-Beta

Best ide on earth!

Comment

Seriously, nothing beats KDev's syntax highlighting and ability to generate on the fly documentation. It needs way more adoption than it gets!

Comment

I tried KDevelop again(I've tried it before, long time ago and didn't like it), 2 or 3 days ago, was very impressed with it(although I had some issues with Qt code-completion).
        I saw on the site, in the 4.7.2 release "Stay tuned for the upcoming first beta release of KDevelop 5", was wondering when it will be released, and here it is...
        I like a lot how you can combine many projects that use different build-systems, arrange them in the order you need them to be compiled(for example, if they depend on each other but usually are compiled by a script because you have to call different build systems) and define the depencies, in which case it will know that if you want to build only a module, it will automatically build the other dependencies.

Comment

I haven't tried this latest release yet, but I've used KDevelop in the past for C / C++ projects, and have always found it to be a fantastic IDE and editor. Can't wait to see how it behaves on KF5!

Comment

Working...
          X