Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Libinput 1.1.0 Released, Brings Pointer Acceleration Profiles

Phoronix: Libinput 1.1.0 Released, Brings Pointer Acceleration Profiles

Peter Hutterer announced the release of libinput 1.1.0 as the newest feature update to this display-server/protocol-agnostic Linux input handling library...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

So, how do you enable the flat acceleration profile? Or does the X.org input driver for libinput need an update as well in order to do this?

Comment

Originally posted by Weegee View Post
      So, how do you enable the flat acceleration profile? Or does the X.org input driver for libinput need an update as well in order to do this?
      Great question. IMHO, libinput should have some configuration files, so things can be changed regardless of used environment... If not, I guess GNOME will leave us with no options at all.

Comment

Originally posted by m132 View Post
        Great question. IMHO, libinput should have some configuration files, so things can be changed regardless of used environment... If not, I guess GNOME will leave us with no options at all.
        One would think that the second step after making pointer acceleration profiles is to be able to make them yourself, that makes it a real Personal Computer environment.

Novice Linux Guy (me):
        I noticed it's hard to get rid of pointer acceleration on Linux, by hard I mean to calculate the right amount of negative acceleration to match the positive acceleration and also your mouse-pad.
        I don't understand why people are so fond with pointer acceleration, of course depending on the mouse it can be useful but I have a gaming mouse, so am I just suppose to accept the fact that I cannot have 0 pointer acceleration just because that use case scenario was overlooked by the majority of the Linux users?
        I should not have to dig through the config files or go through the terminal to do this, just add a bar on the settings where 0 pointer acceleration can be a absolute value.

Comment

Gnome will get a nice new mouse config panel:

It would be great if they'd expose the different profiles there.

Comment

Originally posted by Weegee View Post
            Correct, for now you need xf86-input-libinput from git. Then to enable the flat profile you have to create a file in /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d, for example 50-mouse-accel.conf, with the following content:
            Code:
            Section "InputClass"
                    Identifier "My Mouse"
                    MatchIsPointer "yes"
                    Option "AccelProfile" "flat"
            EndSection

Comment

Thank god, if the default is to have mouse acceleration on then it needs to be super easy to disable.

Comment

Working...
              X