Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GNOME Software To Get A "Kudos" Rating System For Apps

Phoronix: GNOME Software To Get A "Kudos" Rating System For Apps

GNOME Software abandoned their "star rating system" over issues with abuse, lack of standardization by reviewers, and that package rating system really not working out. Now they're going to introduce a "kudos" rating system...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I wonder if they are big fans of "Judge Dredd" movie, or what? So, basically, if I would write some crap, matching Gnome3 HIG, adding some HiDPI icons and taking some screenshots and writing documentation, it would be awesome program. And who gives a fuck if it crashes, trashes user data, or just being an useless chunk of dumbass code, hight? And of course these pesky users should not have chance to tell what they think about crappy programs and all this Gnome HIG idiocy alltogether.
    Last edited by SystemCrasher; 12 October 2015, 10:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SystemCrasher View Post
      ... Gnome3 HIG ...
      As to Gnome HIG, it's as demagogic as the GNU crowd, so follow Linus' advice:
      "First off, I'd suggest printing out a copy of the GNU coding standards, and NOT read it. Burn them, it's a great symbolic gesture."

Comment

I prefer an ugly and buggy program that respects the standards than an awesome one with a good icon. Not.

Comment

Originally posted by SystemCrasher View Post
          I wonder if they are big fans of "Judge Dredd" movie, or what? So, basically, if I would write some crap, matching Gnome3 HIG, adding some HiDPI icons and taking some screenshots and writing documentation, it would be awesome program. And who gives a fuck if it crashes, trashes user data, or just being an useless chunk of dumbass code, hight? And of course these pesky users should not have chance to tell what they think about crappy programs and all this Gnome HIG idiocy alltogether.
          Like gnome project apps aren't like that already. Just take gnome-system-monitor 3.18 (major stable release), it has a grey empty widget occupying half of application window.

Comment

It could also determine rank by running linters and code checkers on the code base.

Comment

Originally posted by magika View Post
              Like gnome project apps aren't like that already. Just take gnome-system-monitor 3.18 (major stable release), it has a grey empty widget occupying half of application window.
              That's a bug and fixed in 3.18.1:

Comment

I read this as "People were calling our apps crap in these reviews, so we're going to replace it with a rating system based on what we want rather than what our users want"

Comment

Pretty fed up with all this Gnome bs... I wonder if all this idiots will get fired when the companies that use RHEL move to something else after the total failure that Gnome 3 is prevents the professionals that use it from getting work done. I wonder if any of this dumbos even have a boss... or they're just this sort of people that try to write programs on tablets, and that's why they pursue that.

Comment

Originally posted by Modu View Post
                    Is a bug? Considering that it appeared in new major release, I thought this was a feature
                    Just shows the quality level of whole project.

Comment

Working...
                    X