Qt 5.6 Drops WebKit, Qt QML Uses Less Memory & Other Forthcoming Features

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by b15hop View Post

Just worried about use of any chrome based tools mingling with Qt. Otherwise I am probably way off on that one

Yes features and stability are the most important. I feel that speed comes as a result of clean code anyway since you know less is more.

For me both waterfox and chrome are bloated. I see them chew up 4GB of ram and wonder how? Sure I have a lot of tabs open but 4GB for a Web browser seems excessive. I miss the days when Firefox was a fresh browser that ran on nothing. Irony is that even coming this far I find chrome will crash on webgl often. So I went back to waterfox. I will give your browser a shot and see how it goes.
    Modern browsers chew more memory because websites do. Visit a static page in Firefox 5 or 40 and both are tiny. But visit Facebook in both and it either won't work on 5 (most likely) or also eat 800mb ram...

It sucks but the modern web is all huge web apps eating loads of ram and web developers know and care less about performance optimization than your worst desktop app developer in your nightmares. Well they care about load time of pages, so they replace static images with JavaScript - eating even more memory of course.
    Last edited by jospoortvliet; 06 December 2015, 07:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jospoortvliet View Post

Modern browsers chew more memory because websites do. Visit a static page in Firefox 5 or 40 and both are tiny. But visit Facebook in both and it either won't work on 5 (most likely) or also eat 800mb ram...

It sucks but the modern web is all huge web apps eating loads of ram and web developers know and care less about performance optimization than your worst desktop app developer in your nightmares. Well they care about load time of pages, so they replace static images with JavaScript - eating even more memory of course.
      Strangely enough I completely agree. But I am sick of web development these days. I feel like too many people jumped in on the bandwagon and now it's flooded with people who just install wordpress with 50 addons and a theme full of video files. Chug a chug.

Comment

Working...
      X