Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KDE Is Hoping To Recruit More Developers This Season

Phoronix: KDE Is Hoping To Recruit More Developers This Season

While this year's Google Summer of Code has long passed, the KDE development community is now once again starting the Season of KDE 2015 as an initiative to get new developers involved with KDE projects...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I really want to contribute to an open-source project, not necessarily KDE, any really. But I lack the skills, I'm willing to learn though. I do a lot of scripting in my job, mainly perl and plsql, so I'm not starting from scratch. What's the best thing to learn in order to get involved? Is it just a case of learning something like C or C++ then finding a project?

Comment

I'd say it's the opposite, find a project that you want to work on and then learn what you need.

Comment

Originally posted by kaprikawn View Post
        I really want to contribute to an open-source project, not necessarily KDE, any really. But I lack the skills, I'm willing to learn though. I do a lot of scripting in my job, mainly perl and plsql, so I'm not starting from scratch. What's the best thing to learn in order to get involved? Is it just a case of learning something like C or C++ then finding a project?
        Scripting is the perfect skill to get into packaging.

Comment

Working...
        X