X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• liam
    replied
    Originally posted by hrkristian View Post
    Improved syntax highlighting in gedit. Please.
    Could you explain this one, please? It's a pretty flexible system, and you can always use ctags to add support for new languages (from my experience, someone has typically done this work already even for a language like rust).

uid313
    I don't think they yet support GENERIC cloud modules, but still REQUIRE all modules to be located in their upstream, and not something a user can add (obviously you can add anything you want with a bit of hacking, but not simple user facing method to do so).

Leave a comment:

• hrkristian
    replied
    Improved syntax highlighting in gedit. Please.

Leave a comment:

• uid313
    replied
    • Wayland GTK improvements.
    • A share button so you can share notes/photos/bookmarks/websites/maps/anything on social media.
    • Generic pluggable cloud modules so you can use other providers than Google. Example Microsoft OneDrive, Apple iCloud, Dropbox, Box, ownCloud, etc.

Leave a comment:

• fatal
    replied
    Hello Marc Driftmeyer!

Originally posted by Marc Driftmeyer View Post
    I wouldn't be so quick to talk about polish when crap turds like this show up in Debian:

Gnome-Documents 3.18.

Launch as it spins and spins and then nothing. Go to terminal.

/usr/bin/$: ./gnome-documents

Output:

./gnome-documents: line 2: syntax error near unexpected token `{'
    [...]
    Which motivated me to file a bug report and ask Debian if they know the meaning of Software Testing.
    I'm very sorry to hear that I failed to meet your satisfaction. I take full personal responsibility for my volunteer work not meeting your expectations. I'd like to see you continue shopping with us so I'm going to offer you to take advantage of my personal full money back guarantee!

Given your motivation in your initial contact, I'm also going to have to ask you to fill in a small survey before I wire you your $0.00 which only has one question: Do you know the meaning of the word Unstable? (Using it in a sentence could sound something like this: Debian Unstable is full off untested or even release-critically buggy software.)

PS. Just kidding with you. Thanks for filing that bug report after all. I'll get this trivial issue (with grave consequenses) fixed today. Please feel free to file issues like this with grave severity from the start in the future.

Leave a comment:

• Luke
    replied
    I'd like support for older Firefox extensions in Epiphany, plus fine-grained cookie control and a Useragent switcher. Firefox is getting worse and worse. Epiphany is my backup browser right now. I can only use it on non-monetized/nontracked sites as adblocking doesn't stop browser fingerprinting and Canvas based tracking, but on old style activist websites without "social" features and on Archive videos it can blow Firefox into the weeds. Firefox can take off the license plates (with a LOT of work), but epiphany has the turbo on my systems it seems. i want the turbo and no tags in one browser.

Leave a comment:

• GraysonPeddie
    replied
    Originally posted by soundingrod View Post
    ... there's no link to the new article....
    I think this might be the one:

Leave a comment:

• Marc Driftmeyer
    replied
    I wouldn't be so quick to talk about polish when crap turds like this show up in Debian:

Gnome-Documents 3.18.

Launch as it spins and spins and then nothing. Go to terminal.

/usr/bin/$: ./gnome-documents

Output:

./gnome-documents: line 2: syntax error near unexpected token `{'
    ./gnome-documents: line 2: `imports.package.init({ name: "gnome-documents",'

gnome-documents actual file contents:

#!
    imports.package.init({ name: "gnome-documents",
    version: "3.18.0",
    prefix: "/usr",
    libdir: "/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu" });
    imports.package.run(imports.main);

Which motivated me to file a bug report and ask Debian if they know the meaning of Software Testing.

Leave a comment:

• soundingrod
    replied
    ... there's no link to the new article....

Leave a comment:

• phoronix
    started a topic GNOME 3.20 Feature Planning Heats Up

GNOME 3.20 Feature Planning Heats Up

Phoronix: GNOME 3.20 Feature Planning Heats Up

With the feature-rich and polished GNOME 3.18 arriving tomorrow, GNOME 3.19 development will quickly kick off in leading up to the GNOME 3.20 release next March...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite
Working...
X