Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firefox 41 Released With Many Small Improvements

Phoronix: Firefox 41 Released With Many Small Improvements

Mozilla Firefox 41 has been released today with a variety of (mostly small) improvements...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

You forgot to mention it comes with massive memory improvements for those using adblock extensions

Comment

Firefox 41 can be downloaded over at Mozilla.org.
      No you can't, because it hasn't been released yet (as usual).

Comment

Multiple ES6 and ServiceWorker additions along with improvements in dev tools (especially the screen-shot of dom-element one) is very appreciated.

Comment

They should just demote Firefox Hello to a extension so people can uninstall it instead of forcing it upon everyone.

And focus on the core functionality.
          Such as support for HTML5 input types such as date, time, datetime. Also elements such as dialog and summary.

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
            They should just demote Firefox Hello to a extension so people can uninstall it instead of forcing it upon everyone.

And focus on the core functionality.
            Such as support for HTML5 input types such as date, time, datetime. Also elements such as dialog and summary.
            IIRC, Firefox Hello is so integrated with the browser (instead of being an addon) because in order to get acceptable performance on lower-end PCs and FirefoxOS phones, it has to use some features not available to addons (or at least bypass some of the addon's API calls and such). I would, however, like the option of disabling it like I could any other extension.

Comment

Originally posted by Forage View Post
              No you can't, because it hasn't been released yet (as usual).
              Download works fine for me now.

Comment

So just more bloat, and no actual improvements? No fixes for the huge memory leakages, no fixes for their shitty JS engine stalling the whole browser whenever an app opens a connection? Instead profile pictures for a shitty program that has no business being in a FUCKING WEB BROWSER! Firefuck is seriously hosed...

Comment

Originally posted by Daktyl198 View Post
                  IIRC, Firefox Hello is so integrated with the browser (instead of being an addon) because in order to get acceptable performance on lower-end PCs and FirefoxOS phones, it has to use some features not available to addons (or at least bypass some of the addon's API calls and such). I would, however, like the option of disabling it like I could any other extension.
                  Why does this irrelevant VOIP/AV program have to even be included in the browser in the first place? This pisses me off, it's a web browser, not a fucking computing environment.

Comment

Originally posted by The Walking Glitch View Post

Why does this irrelevant VOIP/AV program have to even be included in the browser in the first place? This pisses me off, it's a web browser, not a fucking computing environment.
                    because Mozilla and Google both want to push "cloud computing" basically instead of treating the web browser as well... a web browser.

Comment

Working...
                    X