Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GStreamer 1.6 Is Chugging Along, Nearing Release

Phoronix: GStreamer 1.6 Is Chugging Along, Nearing Release

Last week in France was the GStreamer 2015 Summer Hackfest. A summary of the hackfest has now been posted and GStreamer 1.5.90 has been released as a pre-release to GStreamer 1.6...

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...mer-1.6-Coming

I really hope the Linux version of Handbrake can get this new NVENC support soon (along with QuickSync support).

Comment

Originally posted by DanL View Post
      I really hope the Linux version of Handbrake can get this new NVENC support soon (along with QuickSync support).
      Handbrake is not based on Gstreamer.

Comment

Originally posted by jacob View Post
        Handbrake is not based on Gstreamer.
        I could have sworn it was, but I guess I was thinking of Handbrake's preview (which does use gstreamer). Oh well..

Comment

Arbitrary gstreamer commentary here, but it is super noticable how gstreamer1.0 applications automute whenever anything else plays audio (ex, VLC 2.0+). Its super annoying how adjusting the volume with the system keys will mute VLC, and I think its gstreamer based since Clementine-git uses Gstreamer 1.0 and has the same effect happening (any other sound mutes the app).

I looked around months ago but found nothing on it, so why not mention it in a random Gstreamer post and see if anyone else had it happen.

Comment

Working...
          X