• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• djdoo
    replied
    Originally posted by MNKyDeth View Post
    I still enjoy Opera 12.17

Ever since they abandoned the Presto engine it's all been down hill. They needed to make the new versions look and have the exact same functionality as the old Presto versions to retain the previous loyal userbase.

Like I said, I still use Opera 12.17 as it is just the best browser around in terms of functionality. At least for me it is. Firefox can come close but not there yet unless I use a ton of browser mods. I won't use chrome except for Netflix so....

Imo it's their fault no one uses the newer versions of the browser since it really is nothing to write home about. I like using Dillo more come to think of it.
    I cannot agree more my friend...

Leave a comment:

• uid313
    replied
    Fuck Opera!
    I won't miss it.
    Hope they get dismantled or bought and dismantled, that way we have one less proprietary software.

Leave a comment:

• anarki2
    replied
    Originally posted by eydee View Post
    For me, Opera was the same as IE. No ad blocking capabilities, no chance of me ever using it. Simple.
    Yeah, except Opera does and did have ad blocking capabilities. FUD Train much? For me Opera has a good Balance. It's a browser with Chrome's Performance but without ist clutter. Bookmark syncing's there, and that's enough for me.

Leave a comment:

• franz1789
    replied
    I switxhrd recently to opera 30 and absolutely love it. Hope it won't slowly disappear..

Leave a comment:

• Apopas
    replied
    Not enough reasons to use a proprietary browser as long as there is Firefox and Chromium around.

Leave a comment:

• BrollyLSSJ
    replied
    I am also still using Opera 12.17, but only on one machine (my online banking uses a npapi Plugin and that only works with firefox and opera 12.x). For my main browsing I use chromium now (for like a year or so). I gave Opera 15 to 24 or 26 a chance, but it just sucked compared to chromium (had many problems with Opera 15+). The last days I installed Vivaldi and so far like it. But it needs to improve for the Chrome Extensions (I do not see the Extension symbols on the top bar).

Leave a comment:

• boffo
    replied
    Who would have thought 10 years ago that khtml would dominated the world.
    I loved Opera, but after the switch to webkit, it just wasn't opera any more.
    Is Presto still being developed in another browser?
    I miss the performance competition/innovation that Opera used to do.

Leave a comment:

• halo9en
    replied
    Originally posted by MNKyDeth View Post
    I still enjoy Opera 12.17

Ever since they abandoned the Presto engine it's all been down hill. They needed to make the new versions look and have the exact same functionality as the old Presto versions to retain the previous loyal userbase.
    Too late...

I still use v12 every now and then, but for security reasons I use something else (Firefox) as my main web browser.

Vivaldi is nice but unfortunately closed source. And of course there's Otter at http://otter-browser.org in beta...

Leave a comment:

• eydee
    replied
    For me, Opera was the same as IE. No ad blocking capabilities, no chance of me ever using it. Simple.

Leave a comment:

• YoungManKlaus
    replied
    Not a loss. They sold their soul after Opera 12. ALL HAIL VIVALDI!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X