Qt Purchasing Module Might Come To Qt 5.6 For Offering In-App Purchases

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Qt Purchasing Module Might Come To Qt 5.6 For Offering In-App Purchases

Phoronix: Qt Purchasing Module Might Come To Qt 5.6 For Offering In-App Purchases

The Qt Company is hoping to integrate their "Qt Purchasing" module into the upcoming Qt 5.6 tool-kit release...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

mobile world has its own rules, i just hope it doesn't become a required component on the desktop.

Comment

Originally posted by yoshi314 View Post
      mobile world has its own rules, i just hope it doesn't become a required component on the desktop.
      Well... Qt is modular, so I presume that if the module is not there, You'll be okay as long as you don't have any apps that use this module.

Comment

Originally posted by yoshi314 View Post
        The problem is the current trend at Microsoft and Canonical (Apple hinted at this too) are trying to bridge the cell phone and computer worlds. (Phones *are* in fact, computers after all).

They'll probably also have a single "app" store for both worlds too as it makes sense. It might not be a required component (like for open source software), but it might be a pretty popular option no matter what platform is being used. But I agree with you, it should remain an option and not a requirement.

Comment

Why is KDE trying to enter the mobile phone realm? Do they want to sell phones? Why? I thought KDE was a community project with community focus? Looks like Blue Systems hiring 9 KDE devs is finally showing its colors, they are MONETIZING KDE!

1] Hire a number of KDE devs. (Complete)
          2] Develope modules that allow monitization of KDE. (In Progress)
          3] Cause a bunch of shit storms promoted by the KDE devs towards the Ubuntu community using Riddel, then cancel Kubuntu and move the users to Netrunner distro. (In Progress)
          4] Use the new user base to and the newly monitized KDE to finally "have a business model".

According to Blue Systems employee Aur?lien G?teau, "Blue Systems does not have a business model, at least for now".[1]

I am calling this, this is happening. Blue System's long time game plan to support the two biggest KDE distros monetarily (Kubuntu and Mint KDE), and hiring the top KDE devs in order to direct KDE development is a direction they want and need. The funny thing is, the community focus in KDE will die in a roar of clapping. /tinfoilhat

Comment

Originally posted by Fishscene View Post

The problem is the current trend at Microsoft and Canonical (Apple hinted at this too) are trying to bridge the cell phone and computer worlds. (Phones *are* in fact, computers after all).

They'll probably also have a single "app" store for both worlds too as it makes sense. It might not be a required component (like for open source software), but it might be a pretty popular option no matter what platform is being used. But I agree with you, it should remain an option and not a requirement.
            Well seeing as how Windows 10 is a clear step away from convergence (thank god), I don't think that's gonna happen. Hopefully it weakens Canonical and Apple attempts at convergence. Face the facts a mobile cell phone GUI interface will never work in a desktop/workstation/thin client environment where real work needs done. Mobile touchscreen apps will almost never solve real problems except for entertainment and that's it.

EDIT: If the only thing that you use your computer for is entertainment, then in some rare cases a converged interface might work.
            Last edited by duby229; 05 August 2015, 03:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dh04000 View Post
              Why is KDE trying to enter the mobile phone realm?
              Because they want to provide a nice, open-source desktop environment that works across form-factors?

I thought KDE was a community project with community focus?
              Yes, and a lot of members of the community are interested in using KDE on more devices.

Looks like Blue Systems hiring 9 KDE devs is finally showing its colors, they are MONETIZING KDE!

3] Cause a bunch of shit storms promoted by the KDE devs towards the Ubuntu community using Riddel, then cancel Kubuntu and move the users to Netrunner distro. (In Progress)
              4] Use the new user base to and the newly monitized KDE to finally "have a business model".

According to Blue Systems employee Aur?lien G?teau, "Blue Systems does not have a business model, at least for now".[1]

I am calling this, this is happening. Blue System's long time game plan to support the two biggest KDE distros monetarily (Kubuntu and Mint KDE), and hiring the top KDE devs in order to direct KDE development is a direction they want and need. The funny thing is, the community focus in KDE will die in a roar of clapping. /tinfoilhat
              And now the tin-foil hat brigade comes out. Birdie, is that you?

Comment

Why is KDE trying to enter the mobile phone realm? Do they want to sell phones? Why? I thought KDE was a community project with community focus? Looks like Blue Systems hiring 9 KDE devs is finally showing its colors, they are MONETIZING KDE!
                Are you refering to the article and confusing Qt with KDE or are you completely off topic and posting about Plasma Phone here?

Comment

Why are you talking about KDE and Blue Systems? This article is about Qt, which is made by the Qt Company and the Qt Project, none of which are under KDE or Blue Systems. KDE is a _user_ of Qt. They don't make it. Perhaps you're confusing KDE with Gnome and Qt with GTK+.

Comment

Working...
                  X