Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MATE Desktop 1.10 Released, Offers Experimental GTK3 Support

Phoronix: MATE Desktop 1.10 Released, Offers Experimental GTK3 Support

MATE 1.10 has been released today and with this new version every component of this open-source desktop environment forked from GNOME2 can be built under GTK2 or GTK3...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Is this a Dejavu? I believe I saw a news about MATE 1.10 being released back in May right here on this site.

Comment

Originally posted by Krejzi View Post
      Is this a Dejavu? I believe I saw a news about MATE 1.10 being released back in May right here on this site.
      That was just phoronix reporting about mate 1.10 release not like actual release happened. Sensationalist journalism.

Comment

I recall marco (the fork of metacity) having problems with GTK+3 apps -- e.g. strange borders around the windows. So if MATE now supports GTK+3, these days are gone, I guess?

Comment

Originally posted by oleid View Post
          I recall marco (the fork of metacity) having problems with GTK+3 apps -- e.g. strange borders around the windows. So if MATE now supports GTK+3, these days are gone, I guess?
          I've been using MATE GTK+3 1.10 for some time now and no such problems exist. Before that I used MATE GTK+2 1.8 and I didn't notice what you are saying there either.

Comment

I've been using MATE GTK+3 1.10 for some time now and no such problems exist. Before that I used MATE GTK+2 1.8 and I didn't notice what you are saying there either.
            I've seen bugs with GTK+3.16... due to CSD, I guess. As soon as you start a gnome app, you get strange borders.

Comment

Originally posted by oleid View Post

I've seen bugs with GTK+3.16... due to CSD, I guess. As soon as you start a gnome app, you get strange borders.
              I don't see such thing on my system. What apps are you talking about exactly? I tried eog, file-roller, gedit, aisleriot, etc. I have stock GTK+-3.16.4 and MATE 1.10 (no additional patches).

Comment

Originally posted by magika View Post
                Sensationalist journalism.
                Bullshit. It was just Michael getting a bit confused between the official release and appearance of tarballs in MATE's release ftp: http://pub.mate-desktop.org/releases/1.10/
                Note that 1.10.1 tarballs appeared when he made this post.

Comment

Originally posted by DanL View Post

Bullshit. It was just Michael getting a bit confused between the official release and appearance of tarballs in MATE's release ftp: http://pub.mate-desktop.org/releases/1.10/
                  Note that 1.10.1 tarballs appeared when he made this post.
                  In the result readers were as confused as him. I went to MATE page and there were no release. Some apps were tagged 1.10 so tarballs appeared but that alone does not justify an article about release happened in any place. But its okay here since more articles == more clicks.

Comment

I don't see such thing on my system. What apps are you talking about exactly? I tried eog, file-roller, gedit, aisleriot, etc. I have stock GTK+-3.16.4 and MATE 1.10 (no additional patches).
                    I had issues with GTK+-3.16 apps, e.g. evince on MATE 1.8 (using Numix theme, in case that matters).

Comment

Working...
                    X