Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fedora 22 Risks Being Delayed Beyond Next Week

Phoronix: Fedora 22 Risks Being Delayed Beyond Next Week

At today's Go/No-Go meeting it was decided that Fedora 22 Final is not ready for release. However, tomorrow that decision will be re-evaluated...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Hmm, the blockers aren't really an issue for me. No idea what the LVM error is specifically. Afaik the ext4 corruption is an issue only with RAID setups (so non-raid and non-ext4 FS choices should be fine?; I use xfs), and I can't remember the last time I used any distro's LiveUSB creator (I just dd images to the drive).

That's just in my case anyway; I'm sure others might be more concerned with those blockers though.

Comment

Originally posted by Espionage724 View Post
      Hmm, the blockers aren't really an issue for me. No idea what the LVM error is specifically. Afaik the ext4 corruption is an issue only with RAID setups (so non-raid and non-ext4 FS choices should be fine?; I use xfs), and I can't remember the last time I used any distro's LiveUSB creator (I just dd images to the drive).
      There are apparently two possible data corruption issues, both will be fixed. The RAID0 bug is not ext4 specific.

Comment

Originally posted by Espionage724 View Post
        No idea what the LVM error is specifically
        The LVM bug is that if you attempt to resize an LVM partition during installation (such as freeing up some unused space from an existing volume), it's possible to cause the installer to crash partway through the storage setup process (after clicking "Begin Installation"). This could leave the system in a very difficult state to recover from.

Comment

IMHO, better a little late and done right than prematurely *ahem* ejected.

Comment

It's Go, release on Tuesday .

Comment

That's awesome news! hopefully it'll work flawlessly for everyone..

Comment

Working...
              X