No announcement yet.

Adobe Flash Player 10 For Linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A bit off topic, but if anybody wants to try the 64-bit build of Opera, here is the link. It's not listed on opera's download page. Took me a while to find it.

ftp://ftp.opera.com/pub/opera/linux/...nal/en/x86_64/
    and for freebsd
    ftp://ftp.opera.com/pub/opera/unix/f...inal/en/amd64/

Comment

Wow, I always thought Opera was 32-bit only.

Comment

The latest stable Opera is 32-bit only (9.27). Opera 9.5 will have 64-bit builds, too.

deanjo's build is the Beta 2 which is not the latest build. This one is the latest:

Download the Opera browser for computer, phone, and tablet. Opera for Mac, Windows, Linux, Android, iOS. Free VPN, Ad blocker, built-in messengers.

Comment

Originally posted by d2kx View Post
          The latest stable Opera is 32-bit only (9.27). Opera 9.5 will have 64-bit builds, too.

deanjo's build is the Beta 2 which is not the latest build. This one is the latest:

http://snapshot.opera.com/unix/snaps.../x86_64-linux/
          Dammit, now I have to uninstall the previous rpm. Thanks for making more work for me on a Sunday.

Comment

Odd, it links to Qt3, not Qt4…

Comment

There's a new Opera 9.5 build every week. It should be fine to install the new RPM's over the old ones without uninstalling at first.

Comment

Originally posted by apaige View Post
                Odd, it links to Qt3, not Qt4?
                Here is a little thread on the QT4 issue.

Comment

Originally posted by justin9376 View Post
                  I am using Flash 10 At the moment with the latest ATI Drivers in ubuntu, and all videos play full screen perfectly now, whereas with version 9 it is like a slideshow. I also have compiz on with all effects turned on. It flickers like mad, if it is showing a video in part screen, put full screen i have no complaints. If i turn Compiz off, then it is perfect full screen and windowed mode. Much better than version 9. BBC Iplayer is now perfect!!!!.

Socket 939 AMD Motherboard
                  AMD 4200+ Dual core Processor
                  2GB Ram
                  1600Pro ATI AGP Graphics Card.
                  Latest ATI Drivers
                  Firefox 3.0b5
                  This morning, BBC News proudly announced the BBC’s victory over those of us who had figured out how to download their iPhone iPlayer streams:

iplayer without the need for flash thanks to the iphone. The fact that the BBC made an iPhone client before a linux client is a bloody disgrace.

Comment

Originally posted by Aradreth View Post
                    http://po-ru.com/diary/bbc-iplayer-fix-hacked-again/
                    iplayer without the need for flash thanks to the iphone. The fact that the BBC made an iPhone client before a linux client is a bloody disgrace.
                    Considering that the iPhone's growth rapidly outpaces linux adoption I'm not surprised.

Comment

Originally posted by deanjo View Post
                      Considering that the iPhone's growth rapidly outpaces linux adoption I'm not surprised.
                      The iPhone doesn't sell as well over here as it does in the US because of the lack of 3G and you forgot to take into consideration that not many people will be using a phone to watch TV shows it's just not convenient and costs a lot (bandwidth for a phone is expensive...) unless your using a wifi connection at which point you might as well use a PC.

Comment

Working...
                      X