Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adobe Flash Player 10 For Linux

Phoronix: Adobe Flash Player 10 For Linux

Adobe has announced the first pre-release of Flash Player 10, which is their forthcoming next-generation solution that is under their open Flash specifications. Flash Player 10 delivers new 3D effect capabilities, custom filters and effects, advanced text layout, an enhanced drawing API, and visual performance improvements...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    Phoronix: Adobe Flash Player 10 For Linux

Adobe has announced the first pre-release of Flash Player 10, which is their forthcoming next-generation solution that is under their open Flash specifications. Flash Player 10 delivers new 3D effect capabilities, custom filters and effects, advanced text layout, an enhanced drawing API, and visual performance improvements...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=NjQ3Nw
    and again no 64 bit support
    this is getting tiresome

however, since they released the spec I hope that the OSS implementation quickly catches up.

Comment

This is one of the things that annoys me the most with closed source software: their authors/companies rarely communicate about touchy subjects pertaining to their product. No news on a 64-bit port.

There are a lot of jerks in the Free Software world, but at least they tell you to shove your enhancement request you know where.

Comment

Relax...this is a prerelease. Perhaps if they are prodded enough, they'll release a 64 bit version

Comment

With all the complaining that's been going on over at http://blogs.adobe.com/penguin.swf/, you can be sure the blog's author would have mentionned it.

Comment

Originally posted by DeepDayze View Post
            Relax...this is a prerelease. Perhaps if they are prodded enough, they'll release a 64 bit version
            I highly doubt it. A beta program is supposed to be feature-complete and just looking for bugs, so I wouldn't know why they wouldn't want to put a 64-bit Linux version out there for testing if they had one.

Looks like we're all going to have to keep using nspluginwrapper. Well, at least it's better than having to use a browser chroot like you do for the JRE plugin.

Comment

Originally posted by MU_Engineer View Post
              Well, at least it's better than having to use a browser chroot like you do for the JRE plugin.
              Have you tried OpenJDK? http://openjdk.java.net/

Comment

The penguin.swf post mentions performance improvements and the release notes say it won't work with compiz.

Anybody tried it with nspluginwrapper? I couldn't get 9.0.124 to work with it properly, still using 9.0.115.
                Last edited by audir8; 15 May 2008, 11:38 AM.

Comment

Gnash is the only viable alternative for me. Not much works though.

Comment

As for me FP10 crashes FF like every few pages o_O back to the 9 ;-)

Comment

Working...
                    X