Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like avidemux2, too.

Comment

Cubase. With all the working VST Plugins system.

Comment

Foobar
        Notepad++
        floAt's Mobile Agent

Comment

Originally posted by mgc8 View Post
          1. Messengers -- Skype is in a very unstable shape with limited features, Yahoo and MSN are completely missing, while Pidgin and Kopete are valiant efforts but lack the important features like voice and webcam.
          http://www.amsn-project.net/ might help with the webcam support for MSN.
          IrfanView -- yes, we have a plethora of various image viewers, but they are unstable, featureless, and slow as hell. The fact that I prefer running IrfanView in Wine to any ot the native ones says it all.
          I've gotten used to Comix now although I really do miss Hamana I really liked it when I used windows.

Comment

I've never had Skype crash on me ever since I've begun using it on my new laptop. Webcam works fine, voice chatting works fine.

Comment

Adobe Lightroom - there is no open source end-to-end digital image workflow app that can hold a candle to it, especially on the tagging and sorting end of things - at least there are RAW processing options, from all the dcraw-based apps like UFRaw and the closed-source RawTherapee. Bibble is the best of the commercial Linux options, but it has a clunky UI compared to LR, while Lightzone shows real promise.

Adobe Photoshop - I had CS1 working in Wine for a while, but it stopped working for reasons unknown (possibly a font issue), and it never did close down tidily anyway. Again, there are no open source apps that bring everything to the table, though GIMP and Krita are converging on it. I've given up on the glacial development of Cinepaint.

There is no #3 in mind right now, but I'll post it if I think of one.

Comment

Originally posted by niniendowarrior View Post
                I've never had Skype crash on me ever since I've begun using it on my new laptop. Webcam works fine, voice chatting works fine.
                Unfortunately in my case it wasn't so rosy :-/ I tried it on various computers, both laptop and desktop, and indeed the newer versions seem not to crash -- however, they aren't very stable either, i.e. sometimes I can login and chat perfectly with voice and cam, and in the next minute it complains about not being able to connect, errors about the audio hardware (which works perfectly otherwise) and so on. I just can't rely on it the way I do with the windowz version which works flawlessly (and the new HD mode is quite astonishing when both parties have the right hardware)...

I also tried aMSN but it kept giving errors about my webcam, that was some time ago so I should give the newer versions a try. Also gYachi was promising in the Yahoo departament until it kindof died as a project. Kopete has some support but still patchy... etc. etc.

Originally posted by Aradreth
                I've gotten used to Comix
                Hey, thanks for that one! I didn't know about it and it seems to be a nice viewer, although quite unstable too -- it crashed on me the second time I ran it... *Sigh*

Comment

i want VMware infrastructure Client....

apart from that... I'm with fine with apps on Linux, I do like winSCP but konqueror does it all, just prefer the way winSCP does it... and photoshop would be cool, but I'd rahter learn how to use the Gimp. I agree with IRFRANVIEW or whatever it's called, I really like it in windows and Kview seems to have a few really annoying problems on my system, but i've never looked any further so i'm sure I will find something.

Comment

1. Addictive Drums
                    2. Ableton Live
                    3. Native VST support.

The whole reason i got into linux is because of the immense routing options JACK gives for audio work. It makes Rewire look like poop.

Comment

Originally posted by mgc8 View Post
                      Hey, thanks for that one! I didn't know about it and it seems to be a nice viewer, although quite unstable too -- it crashed on me the second time I ran it... *Sigh*
                      I've never had comix crash on me maybe you where just unlucky.

Comment

Working...
                      X