SMPLAYER and subtitle support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SMPLAYER and subtitle support

I have a 5:4 LCD monitor and thus when watching movies which are usually 16:9 I have 2 black lines on the upper and lower edges of my screen.
    Is it possible to put the subtitles in this black line instead of in the video with SMPLAYER?

Thus far I know of only Kaffeine-xine and Totem that support this.
    Last edited by ashrack; 30 April 2008, 10:31 AM. Reason: Kano suggested some corrections

1280x1024 would be 5:4 not 4:3.

Comment

Originally posted by Kano View Post
      1280x1024 would be 5:4 not 4:3.
      thx for the correction but this is not really relevant in this thread

Comment

noone knows the answer to my question?

Comment

Originally posted by ashrack View Post
          noone knows the answer to my question?
          Hi,

I don't know if this is relevant now given the age of this post but anyhow here goes.

I use AVIDEMUX to encode movies to DVD. The black borders are used to fill in the rest of the screen when the picture will not. In AVIDEMUX it is possible to decrease or increase the size of these borders, also it gives you the ability to place subtitles where ever you want and choose the colour.

For example if the top border is a size of 10 and the bottom border is a size of 10, then you can reduce the top border to 2 and increase the bottom to 18 giving you more room at the bottom for subtitles.

It is important to note that the combined calculated size of the top and bottom borders plus the picture has been done so to fit on a television screen even though you can increase the borders to what ever size you want they will not be seen on a TV.

Hope this helps.

Regards
          Muzza

Comment

Working...
          X