Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Free COMPILERS and CROSS-COMPILERS for Linux and Windows.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

By the way the 4.2.3 script is at:

How to Make a Website with free web hosting services & cheap web hosting for ecommerce & small business hosting. Create & Make a Free Website with Affordable web hosting provider free website promotion tools & web stats. Free Website Builder, Templates, & Best Free Web Hosting. How to Create a Website

Comment

Originally posted by mlau View Post
      Did you ever consider writing a script which does all of the steps you so neatly outlined in your previous posts? Preferably with configurable CHOST and CTARGET tuples and maybe let it apply custom patches from a separate directory (e.g. for fixes straight from binutils/gcc bugtrackers).
      I had a look at the script and it would be easy to add CHOST and CTARGET info. There is really no need for the patches unless the (supposedly stable) code does not compile.

Comment

Thanks fpr writhing this !

I am having problem making cross compiler for Linux step (2) when using c++ with c .
        make returns error

configure: error: Link tests are not allowed after GCC_NO_EXECUTABLES
        [configure-target-libstdc++-v3] Error 1

my gcc=4.2.4
        Last edited by skada; 07 June 2008, 05:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by skada View Post
          Thanks fpr writhing this !

I am having problem making cross compiler for Linux step (2) when using c++ with c .
          make returns error

configure: error: Link tests are not allowed after GCC_NO_EXECUTABLES
          [configure-target-libstdc++-v3] Error 1

my gcc=4.2.4
          The configure script works by compiling little test programs and running them.

If a compile fails, it throws a totally cryptic message at you, which is usually no help at all (the help messages are designed to be as unhelpful as possible).

Unfortunately there are hundreds of ways the error message "Link tests are not allowed after GCC_NO_EXECUTABLES" can occur.

All this error message is saying, is that the linking of the test program failed. It makes no attempt to tell you why it failed.

The error messages in GCC are often so useless you have to find the error by other means. Looking in the file config.log often helps.

On occasions I have seen this error message and found the real error back some 4 or 5 screen-fulls of messages.

I have seen the message "Link tests are not allowed after GCC_NO_EXECUTABLES" when header files can not be found, when test -x fails, when the test builds a Windows executable and tries to run it on Linux,.... like I said, there are a thousand possible reasons,...

Hunt around and see if you can locate the real error. Then I might be able to help.

I have not looked at gcc-4.2.4.

You might want to try gcc-4.2.3 which is known to work.

You may wonder why the GCC people have left it this way for so many years,... but that would involve you understanding the conspiracies that run the planet.

Comment

OK I ll try with GCC 4.2.3 ..
            But this works if enable languages = c (only) and not when (c,c++)

any ideas ??

Comment

Originally posted by skada
              OK I ll try with GCC 4.2.3
              How did GCC 4.2.3 work out?

Originally posted by skada
              any ideas ??
              Did you compile and install w32api-3.11 and mingw-runtime-3.14?

Comment

Did you compile and install w32api-3.11 and mingw-runtime-3.14?

Success !! Compiled with gcc-4.2.4
                actually I didn't thought that compiling w32api nad mingw-runtime were necessary for g++ .

Anyways thanks for the advice !

Comment

Originally posted by skada View Post
                  Success !! Compiled with gcc-4.2.4
                  actually I didn't thought that compiling w32api nad mingw-runtime were necessary for g++ .

Anyways thanks for the advice !
                  Did you ever get around to compiling GCC 4.2.4 for languages other than C and C++?

Comment

I would like to hear how the compilation went for other languages and for the windows compilers.

I would particularly like to hear about bits that did not compile.

Once again there are a few mistakes in the main article.

Till I get around to updating it, you should use the articles from:

How to Make a Website with free web hosting services & cheap web hosting for ecommerce & small business hosting. Create & Make a Free Website with Affordable web hosting provider free website promotion tools & web stats. Free Website Builder, Templates, & Best Free Web Hosting. How to Create a Website

Last edited by Jade; 04 July 2008, 09:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jade View Post
                      I would like to hear how the compilation went for other languages and for the windows compilers.

I would particularly like to hear about bits that did not compile.
                      Sorry for late reply!

Well since i do not use other langs i didn't tried !

But i will give it a shot just for the sake ..

Comment

Working...
                      X