Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Only 12 of the sources have reached version 1.10 as of 4-24-2015

On the 24th of May, I still find only 12 packages listed at

I have built all of these with gtk3 and am running them-they work. The rest of them are still at version 1.9.(varies) and can be found at https://github.com/mate-desktop. These sources are what my current DE is built from, with my usual theme support hacks and now a lighter version of my fix for the GTK3.16 transparency bug. I found the cause of the empty menushell bug in gtk3 builds of mate-panel: turns out in Gtkmenu, the "push-in" variable does not work and must alwaus be set to "false" in the source. I put that behind a compile-time gtk3 case switch.

New updates to Ubuntu's stable gtk3.14 stopped the caja segfaults, though I still get them if I use gtk3.16 for test purposes(old version of it in local storage). The full set of MATE 1.10 packages has not yet been released, but what I have built on my machines is now good enough to go out to friends whose machines I support with yesterday's release of Ubuntu Vivid.

Comment

As of now all of MATE 1.10 has been released for real, the earlier confusion probably stemmed from the "mate-desktop" source package coming out first. It is NOT a metapackage depending on all the others but a desktop utlities package needed to compile many of the others. All the big Linux publishers saw it and pounced too soon. Also, GOOD NEWS about the gtk3.16 mess. Some changes in Compiz in one of it's BZR branches re-enable the transparency and support for CSD apps, and they are schedules to go upstream. I built one of those branches and have it working now. That allowed my to remove forced transparency support from all the widgets in my hacked panel/applets except the volume control, brightness control, and calender. Those three always made black rather than transparent background windows and so still need the transparency code. Marco works fine too, so long is it is built against gtk3.16 with Metacity 3.16 installed. Unfortunately, Metacity 3.17 or later (probably 3.16 too) breaks gtk-window-decorator in Compiz and it won't build. Emerald is the solution to this until fixes being worked on at Ubuntu for compiz/,metacity 3.16 come out.

Comment

Working...
      X