Wine 1.7.40 Adds Support For Kernel Job Objects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pinguinpc View Post
    In this wine version origin finish game install however origin appears error at finish but when ask reboot for error, game appears correctly installed (tested with simcity 2000)

(snip)

Maybe more later upload other results with other games

pinguinpc, you - by chance, or someone else tried to install Origin and Mass Effect 3 ?

it unfortunately never worked for me - but would be amazingly awesome - if it finally did

(I do love ME3 Multiplayer )

Comment

Originally posted by kernelOfTruth View Post
      pinguinpc, you - by chance, or someone else tried to install Origin and Mass Effect 3 ?

it unfortunately never worked for me - but would be amazingly awesome - if it finally did

(I do love ME3 Multiplayer )
      Unfortunately i dont have origin mass effect 3 (original needs for multiplayer), however i remember pankake of time have some lets play videos (recorded played begins until finish, very good videos) with wine and some of them are mass effect 3 related

This is example

Comment

Originally posted by ihatemichael
        wine-staging is a mess to use/compile/install, I really want pulseaudio support in wine (upstream).

I should be able to `pacman -S wine` and have it work with pulse by default.

sigh

To install: just https://github.com/wine-compholio/wi...on#-arch-linux and then "sudo pacman -S wine-staging-compat" to provides compatibility symlinks. So to install it is as easy as "pacman -S wine-stagging" afterall.

to compile: that install the binary, its not AUR where you would have to compile it, so no problem there.

to use: its as easy to use as normal wine, but it includes the pulseaudio driver.

Comment

Originally posted by pinguinpc View Post
          Unfortunately i dont have origin mass effect 3 (original needs for multiplayer), however i remember pankake of time have some lets play videos (recorded played begins until finish, very good videos) with wine and some of them are mass effect 3 related

This is example

thank you !

just found out that Origin (already successfully installed) & Mass Effect 3 seem to work fine

with wine 1.7.40 staging

now waiting for it to download completely

*fingers crossed*

Comment

GTX760, 1680x1050 in sometimes very smooth and sometimes not so smooth ME3 Multiplayer

it clearly shows in the scores when playing sniper - but still reliably scoring 2nd ^^

no sync to vblank/vsync, and no anti-aliasing - in Windows it's 1920x1080 with 16x AA, and max settings

still great

that way I don't have reboot into Windows for a short match

CSMT is enabled

Comment

Originally posted by kernelOfTruth View Post
              GTX760, 1680x1050 in sometimes very smooth and sometimes not so smooth ME3 Multiplayer

it clearly shows in the scores when playing sniper - but still reliably scoring 2nd ^^

no sync to vblank/vsync, and no anti-aliasing - in Windows it's 1920x1080 with 16x AA, and max settings

still great

that way I don't have reboot into Windows for a short match

CSMT is enabled

ugh,

Code:
              MotionBlur=True
              is a real performance eater

also the rendering of that shiny created background (?) area seems to cause rendering drops, too

it runs way smoother now - still some occasional hick-ups

Tweaks can be made in

~/Documents/BioWare/Mass Effect 3/BIOGame/Config

GamerSettings.ini

Comment

Working...
              X