No announcement yet.

Mozilla Is Getting Excited About WebGL 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's unfortunate that Mozilla is investing so much time into Web GL 2.0 development. Don't they realize that the systemd folks are probably already working on this?

Comment

Originally posted by Namenlos View Post
      I would prefer they prioritise hls streams: http://www.jwplayer.com/html5/hls/ I am tired of using Flash on Twitch.tv (add /hls to a stream to try it).

MPEG-DASH mostly covers HLS's use cases, and works with shipping browsers. I think it would be Twitch's responsibility to add MPEG-DASH to their streaming servers, not Google or Mozilla's to add HLS to their browsers.

Comment

Originally posted by 89c51 View Post
        FOSS drivers will suck dick -as they do now- so no need to get excited about it.

How exactly will they suck? WebGL 2's underlying API (GL ES 3.0) is widely supported on them. Furthermore, performance is mostly on par for this feature set.
        At least in the context of WebGL 2, the FOSS drivers will do just fine. Especially on Intel, where Chromebooks with GLES 3.0 capable Mesa and kernel have shipped for more than four years already.

Comment

Working...
        X